Reloading components needed

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by ugly, Oct 6, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Looking for Brass and dies if available for the 7.65 x 53 Belgian Mauser cartridge.
    I know Norma made a fair bit and I may have to spend cash later this month but I would rather trade some brass I have if possible.
    I have 7.62 x 39, .303, 7x57 and loads of 6.5 swedish! In the main once fired.
    I would pay cash if none of these are of interest!

2. Whilst I cannot help you with the 7.65 Belgi I would be interested in buying some 6.5 Swede brass off you. I lose quite a bit of brass when shooting at the fish farms and am always on the scrounge for more. PM me if you are can sell. Cheers.

3. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

You shoot fish with 6.5 x 55?

How big are the fish?

4. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

If you are stuck I can get new brass for about Euro 50 a 100.

A batch of 120 Privi cases went for Euro 15 on Egun in August, but nothing there at the moment.

5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Cheers I know of some Norma ammo priced well but I am just a tad skint, I will pm 338 in a sec.

6. Do you want me to goggle around for dies over here?

7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Yes please RCBS preferred, I will probably order some in next month but unsure whether to go full length or neck only?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Well I had a bit of cash paid in so I bought 280 Norma 150 grain soft point loaded rounds, The rifle is paid for so I should see how bad that is soon enough. I have just seen a lovely example of a 1904 Portugese 6.5 Mauser Vergueiro unaltered. Very temmpted. If I get the job tomorrow that may just have to follow me home!
    I wont butcher a good example unless its for a special conversion but I will possibly look out for one of these for a sporting conversion!

9. If you get full length, you can always set up an FL die to size just the neck by backing it up half a turn..!

10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I have a contract with RCBS importers but its often easier to order over the net direct from the makers. I'll probably do that. If the rifle needs restocking I'm looking at a very nice part finished one at Boyds for only $74 and I have done 2 of those so far with no dramas!