ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

religion or tradition ( + H&S )

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by acctim, Dec 2, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sikh soldier Jatinderpal Singh Bhullar who will be the first to guard Buckingham Palace without a bearskin | Mail Online

Should ALL guardsmen have to wear a bearskin whilst on ceremonial duties?

Should ALL guardsmen have to shave whilst on duty

Should some guardsmen ( or any other members of the armed forces ) be allowed to wear religious items of clothing instead of official uniform items?

Should all members of the armed forces be allowed to wear a beard ( I believe pioneer sgts and members of the Navy can wear a beard , but not in combat situations, correct me if I'm wrong here.

Can a full sikh turban be worn under a combat helmet? if not what does a sikh wear whist in combat? If they wear the smaller version -as seen in the daily mail picture- then this could also be worn under a combat helmet or bearskin. Digressing slightly, can sikhs in the police/ prison service undertake riot training as they have to wear riot helmets too , also what about joining the fire service too as they would have to wear safety helmets and breathing apparatus. -

How does a sikh soldier train in NBC , a beard would not work in conjunction with a respirator I think

2. My apologies already on another post

3. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

Not just me thinking that then?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.