• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

religion or tradition ( + H&S )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sikh soldier Jatinderpal Singh Bhullar who will be the first to guard Buckingham Palace without a bearskin | Mail Online

Should ALL guardsmen have to wear a bearskin whilst on ceremonial duties?

Should ALL guardsmen have to shave whilst on duty

Should some guardsmen ( or any other members of the armed forces ) be allowed to wear religious items of clothing instead of official uniform items?

Should all members of the armed forces be allowed to wear a beard ( I believe pioneer sgts and members of the Navy can wear a beard , but not in combat situations, correct me if I'm wrong here.

Can a full sikh turban be worn under a combat helmet? if not what does a sikh wear whist in combat? If they wear the smaller version -as seen in the daily mail picture- then this could also be worn under a combat helmet or bearskin. Digressing slightly, can sikhs in the police/ prison service undertake riot training as they have to wear riot helmets too , also what about joining the fire service too as they would have to wear safety helmets and breathing apparatus. -

How does a sikh soldier train in NBC , a beard would not work in conjunction with a respirator I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads