religion or tradition ( + H&S )

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by acctim, Dec 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sikh soldier Jatinderpal Singh Bhullar who will be the first to guard Buckingham Palace without a bearskin | Mail Online

Should ALL guardsmen have to wear a bearskin whilst on ceremonial duties?

Should ALL guardsmen have to shave whilst on duty

Should some guardsmen ( or any other members of the armed forces ) be allowed to wear religious items of clothing instead of official uniform items?

Should all members of the armed forces be allowed to wear a beard ( I believe pioneer sgts and members of the Navy can wear a beard , but not in combat situations, correct me if I'm wrong here.

Can a full sikh turban be worn under a combat helmet? if not what does a sikh wear whist in combat? If they wear the smaller version -as seen in the daily mail picture- then this could also be worn under a combat helmet or bearskin. Digressing slightly, can sikhs in the police/ prison service undertake riot training as they have to wear riot helmets too , also what about joining the fire service too as they would have to wear safety helmets and breathing apparatus. -

How does a sikh soldier train in NBC , a beard would not work in conjunction with a respirator I think

2. My apologies already on another post

3. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

Not just me thinking that then?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.