Religion is the cause of everything

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Medicina, Apr 15, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Discuss
  2. Maybe you should narrow the topic, just slightly.
  3. I don't think it's religion per se, but the misuse of religion by people pushing their own agendas (the Pope comes to mind).

If Jesus ever comes back to earth, I'm sure he won't recognise what he started and it's questionable whether he'd be able to pass a theological exam!

4. Religion is man made, therefore its flawed as men control it. religion is business and they use faith (mans need to believe in more) as there weopon.

thats some deep shite that is, but true.

And the french are tw@ts!
    And serbs stink
    And german woman have hairy balls
    And and ermmm ginger people smell

ok im done
  5. How about this?

I attended an Anglo Catholic school in Aldershot (St Benedict’s) in the 50's. I hated the school, it was staffed by members of the cloth and spiritual guidance took precedence. This came in the form of attending church through the week and at weekends. Not my cup of tea at all! I can’t remember how long I was there for though, I do remember that I managed to make Altar Boy! This was a good job as I remember it, you missed some lessons, had access to huge boxes of Sunday School Stamps (great for trading) and sampled the odd tipple from the bottles of the Altar Wine. The teachers though were mental. Very quick to lash out with rulers for any real or imagined infraction of the rules or lack of attention in class. Looking back, I put their short temper and anger down to sexual frustration. I’m a firm believer in pointing the finger at many shortcomings down to sexual frustration……lol As I remember, we did have some pretty senior girls there! Looking back now, the only things taught to me that really stick in my memory are some of the Latin verbs that we learnt parrot fashion.

So, what did religion teach me?

It gave me a taste for strong drink at a very early age.

It gave me a passing interest in philately, and a Del Boy syndrome.

It gave me the knowledge, if you were prepared to pray, you could escape some crappy details (Church Parades spring to mind).

It gave me the knowledge not to get sexually frustrated and try to tail every thing that hopped skipped and jumped.

Thank you God.

Any help? :mrgreen:
  6. It would help if you gave your thoughts on the subject rather than just to get others to discuss, that is a bone thing to do IMHO
  7. Bible precis:

Old Testament:
    Look at me look at me look at me........or I'll kill you!

New Testament
    Look at me look at me look at me........or my dad will kill you!

Hope this helps.
  8. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Obviously CC did not do Uni - while I agreed that it may be 'bone' to trail one's coat it surely is only truly bone if they don't come back to it. So Medicina - up to you.
  9. ReLIGION THE CUSE OF EVERYTHING is my excuse next time I am in court . Dont think it will wash though
  10. Sorry too much alcohol
    Religion the cause of everything
  11. Auld-Yin

Stupid Boy - (Don't tell him your name Pike ) :wink:

How can you possibly have too much incohol. hic :eek:
  12. He might mean rubbing alchohol?
  13. Its only to much if you wake up

a) married
    b) pregnant
    c) married to a pregnant bird
  14. I meant too much alcohol so little time Honest
  15. Auld-Yin

How do b & c match up - remember I is pissed and I find it difficult to take on board the concept of a preggers peeps being married to someone else who is preggers. This civil ceremony thing has a lot to answer for.