Relegated by Christmas

Congratulations to the site Mackems.
Stay classy.
IMG-20220522-WA0000.jpg

Last edited:
Just shy of 30,000 season cards, will easily pass that total, absolutely phenomenal figures. Already wiped out the rest of the championship re attendance, weeks before a ball is kicked.

Got Roberts signed now, contracts getting renewed, hopefully gives Neil a solid platform to build on, Methven gone, hopefully some more good news this week re transfers.

no f in beer

War Hero
Book Reviewer
It looks like i may well have a club to support next season after all, quite possible Derby may take over the relegated by xmas mantle, but at least a team to support, so all is good

Just shy of 30,000 season cards, will easily pass that total, absolutely phenomenal figures. Already wiped out the rest of the championship re attendance, weeks before a ball is kicked.

Got Roberts signed now, contracts getting renewed, hopefully gives Neil a solid platform to build on, Methven gone, hopefully some more good news this week re transfers.
Piqued my interest so I went and looked at News Now for the first time in years.

The Echo reported the bookies' odds through the Championship. Had SAFC at fifth shortest to win the league, suggesting a play-off finish.

Colour me surprised.

Piqued my interest so I went and looked at News Now for the first time in years.

The Echo reported the bookies' odds through the Championship. Had SAFC at fifth shortest to win the league, suggesting a play-off finish.

Colour me surprised.
Aye, there's a lot getting a bit carried away. It would be marvellous, I'd be happy with survival first season back, I do actually think they'll go for it though. Still need a few in.

I reckon Reading and Birmingham are in the shit already, so hopefully survival won't be too difficult, you just never know with Sunderland, I am positive though which is good, as there has been a lot of negatives in the league one era, hopefully it's a pit we will never return to.

We've sold 30,000 season cards, I think the closest to that in the championship is Norwich, they've sold 21,000. Interestingly, there's bigger clubs in league one now, thank fcuk we won the play offs, it will be an absolute dogfight to get out of that league now.

Cautiously optimistic we’ll do alright this season. I’ll qualify that by which i reckon we’re comfortably mid table. Decent bones of a squad there. No “new signings,
Yet. However Roberts re-signing on a permanent is good news. Gooch I reckon on last seasons run in is very much seen by AN as his RB/RWB and I reckon we’ll see a bit more of young Dajaku this year now he’s settled more. Still need a keeper, CB a winger, and a striker. Looming forward to next season.

Things starting to look good, players that want to play well for the club, players that want to commit and not just pick up the wage.

Clarke has asked for a move, apparently training on his own at spurs, rumour is he'll be up here on a permanent deal £3.5 million allegedly. Early day's but I am feeling the good vibes around. Hopefully this shall be the gig that leads to a title change regarding this thread, or maybe it should be left as it is.

Guy I travel with to home games is having his birthday gig tonight. It's at a fair sized pub and a private event, will be all Lads fans, apart from the saddos that drag their wives along lol.

Looking forward to it, a party that is almost one hundred percent Sunderland fans on the lash, what's not to like.

a title change regarding this thread, or maybe it should be left as it is.
As it is. Flipping it will jinx it, and it's the hope I can't stand.

ITHICS.

From what I’ve seen of young Ballard in a green shirt, he’s a great signing for us. Strong, aggressive and skilful. Potential to play at a much higher level if he continues to improve. Roberts signed. Gooch and Wright seemingly were keen to stay and get new contracts signed off. Clarke reportedly wanting to be here too are all good signs that we’re heading in the right direction. For first time in since god knows when we feel like a club which has a plan going forward too. From the boardroom down to the pitch. It’s unusual but I could get used to feeling optimistic. Another striker and a keeper please. Keep existing players fit and I’d be happy with consolidating in the championship for a while. As long as we keep moving forward as a club.

From what I’ve seen of young Ballard in a green shirt, he’s a great signing for us. Strong, aggressive and skilful. Potential to play at a much higher level if he continues to improve. Roberts signed. Gooch and Wright seemingly were keen to stay and get new contracts signed off. Clarke reportedly wanting to be here too are all good signs that we’re heading in the right direction. For first time in since god knows when we feel like a club which has a plan going forward too. From the boardroom down to the pitch. It’s unusual but I could get used to feeling optimistic. Another striker and a keeper please. Keep existing players fit and I’d be happy with consolidating in the championship for a while. As long as we keep moving forward as a club.
Apparently he played in the Blackpool squad with Embleton when he was on loan there, I read an article he'd put out on Thursday, he was saying that Embleton was influential in him making the decision to come, apparently they are good mates.

Apparently he played in the Blackpool squad with Embleton when he was on loan there, I read an article he'd put out on Thursday, he was saying that Embleton was influential in him making the decision to come, apparently they are good mates.
Does no harm at all either I’m sure to have a few friendly faces (and accents) too with Corey, Trai Hume and Carl Winchester already here.

AFAIK Clarke just signed.

3.5 million Clarke
2 million Ballard
800,000 Dajaku
New deal for Roberts.

That makes us one of if not biggest spenders in championship so far, still early July. Puts to bed the KLD won't spend money theory.

AFAIK Clarke just signed.

3.5 million Clarke
2 million Ballard
800,000 Dajaku
New deal for Roberts.

That makes us one of if not biggest spenders in championship so far, still early July. Puts to bed the KLD won't spend money theory.
Decent business that. At least one striker and a keeper still needed I reckon. Free transfers or loans I’d imagine given the wage cap and what we’ve supposedly already spent.

Decent business that. At least one striker and a keeper still needed I reckon. Free transfers or loans I’d imagine given the wage cap and what we’ve supposedly already spent.
Some are saying it's got loads of add- ons which would take it to £10 million. That will be cool as we'd be in premier league by then.

£10 million won't be worth diddly squat in 2055 when Sunderland eventually arrive in the Promised Land. The top clubs, one of which will be my pride and joy of course, will all be involved in some Global Super League, the Premier League being a distant memory.

£10 million won't be worth diddly squat in 2055 when Sunderland eventually arrive in the Promised Land. The top clubs, one of which will be my pride and joy of course, will all be involved in some Global Super League, the Premier League being a distant memory.
No. There’ll be a European super league by 2030. You lot will merely be one of the better teams in a half forgotten “domestic” league, bereft of Liverpoo, Man U and City, west and north London et al. I only half joke, but I fear I’m on the money. Excuse the pun.

Latest Threads