Relegated by Christmas

No regulars like Doyle, Cirkin Gooch, Embleton or Neil on the pitch and didn’t look any the worse for them missing a game. That young Everton loanee, Broadhead was immense. Did everything but get a goal. Him and Stewart played really well off each other. Hopefully he’s fit for the weekend trip to Pompey. That’ll be a different kettle of fish altogether. Despite their recent bad run they’ve a high pressing game and a lot of decent players who, if on form could cause us trouble. I’d take a draw now if you offered it me.
The Loch Ness Drogba, and Winniesta.

The Loch Ness Drogba, and Winniesta.
Winchester has been epic so far this season. Looks much more assured and confident than when he first showed up. Fella has some engine too which as an absolute must at times in this league. Oddly enough, despite his two goals I thought Ross Stewart was a bit off the pace at times last night. Still a solid 9/10 but on another night he’d have put away 5 or 6. Good call subbing him. Fresher the better for this weekend. A lot of good performances all over the pitch. AOB flew a bit under the radar and didn’t get enough credit I thought. Did a lot of the running off his man which allowed space for Broadhead and Stewart. He’ll be useful as the season goes on snd the games pile up.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Nice to see U-Boot scored last night.

The German sub.

nodandawink

War Hero
Iain Hesford would be better than Burge, and he's been dead 7 years.

Good early form though - and the squad depth seems strong. I was pleased with the two Germans - hopefully a sign that the club is prepared to look further afield and take the odd chance on good young players.

If any of you fine gents are going today and fancy a pint, I shall be frequenting the fine Jacksons gentleman's club just off Roker avenue. It's well worth it to see the chesty ladies serving up the fine ales.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I hadn't realised Charlton were as low in the table. Still think it'll be close and no pushover.

If any of you fine gents are going today and fancy a pint, I shall be frequenting the fine Jacksons gentleman's club just off Roker avenue. It's well worth it to see the chesty ladies serving up the fine ales.

Thanks for the invite but I am at present having a pint 8n a noisy bar in Sarf London before we go on to win our first game of the season!
We'll, you gotta have hope, haven't you?
Should we get a draw today, we will travel back home quite happy.
Enjoy your game, marrer.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I‘m going for Norwich a SEVEN (7) nil dicking today by Chelsea. Now that’s the way a top club should perform against a bottom three club, no excuse about injuries no excuses about playing in Europe in midweek just play to your best.
Manchester United should take note and see what a top class manager can and will do for a club.

Last edited:

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Thanks for the invite but I am at present having a pint 8n a noisy bar in Sarf London before we go on to win our first game of the season!
We'll, you gotta have hope, haven't you?
Should we get a draw today, we will travel back home quite happy.
Enjoy your game, marrer.
We weren't at it today, Charlton the bogey team strike again. Ref was a Lincoln based crab ( not Himmler) from Northumberland, might as well have had a Charlton shirt on his back. The standard of officials in this league really has to be seen to be believed, God knows how bad it must be in league 2.
Anyhow, still a decent day out, tucking in to ma Tikka madras now, waiting on Colin Murray and Co.

Safe journey mate.

Sky Sports are reporting the 19 other Premier League clubs held a behind the doors secret meeting late last night.
They decided to over rule the VAR decision to rule out Bentekes disallowed goal; they also decided to award a red card to Callum Wilson for extremely dangerous play when he scored with an overhead kick, and the goal subsequently disallowed.
That will teach these Johnny cum latelys and their big ideas of joining the elite said a spokesperson.

We weren't at it today, Charlton the bogey team strike again. Ref was a Lincoln based crab ( not Himmler) from Northumberland, might as well have had a Charlton shirt on his back. The standard of officials in this league really has to be seen to be believed, God knows how bad it must be in league 2.
Anyhow, still a decent day out, tucking in to ma Tikka madras now, waiting on Colin Murray and Co.

Safe journey mate.
Do you know mate, that yesterday it a Steve Bruce side without Steve Bruce. We were awful until changes were made around 60 minute mark. Benteke should have scored at least 4, our defence just couldn't handle him. Our midfield is non existent, our defence absolutely shocking and our attack/strikers don't get any decent service. Jones left better players on the bench, and it was a case of defend 0 0 and see what Palace can do.
I think we stole a point and after seeing Chelsea hit Norwich for 7 yesterday, I am fearful for next week when we meet.
Never has a Thread Title been more appropriate.

QPR, Rotherham and Sheff Wed all away sellouts. My carriage picks me up at 08:20 tomorrow, not sure where we are stopping for refreshments as South Yorkshire plod have banned us from drinking in Rotherham, I'll put up the name of pub and Town etc when I find out, maybe in a village/ town near you, drinks on me if anyone could make it.

nodandawink

War Hero
QPR was absolutely tremendous. Great game - really open attacking football and we looked pretty credible up against a top half Championship team playing pretty much their first XI. Had plenty of chances, and should have scored. Pelanties were great, Lee Burge suprisingly good.

Am V optimistic about Sunderland for the first time in ages.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Optimism and SAFC dont jive. 5-1 springs to mind

Latest Threads