Relegated by Christmas

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
And another one... ! Away victory.

However, Northern Rail have announced another round of strikes on the trains going to Sunderland until Christmas.... I am getting to the point where I would happily throw the guards in front of the trains.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Was at the Sunderland V Barnsley match. Match good, weather horrible. At least there was a fat lass next to me who shielded much of the rain and provided some body heat.

Sunderland are going up!

A mate of mine is a Boro supporter who by default, gives me grief for being a Sunderland supporter. I said to him, "you like your wine... I know of a red that goes down well after Christmas - Middlesbrough!" It was quiet for a few minutes.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
And another victory! This is all good. Again due to the bastards on the trains, I could not get to the match.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Superb match at SOL on Saturday. The mad trains* are back on again. Glad Jack Ross has a good team now, but could do with strengthening. 3 in table, so in for a chance.

*You will know how mad the train is if you get on it with pissed teessiders coming back from Newcastle.

Despite the 9-goal thriller yesterday, it appears that Sunderland are looking good for a Championship spot.
As are Pompey.
As an aside, there were a LOT of goals scored cross the leagues yesterday - 8 wins with 4 or 5 goals.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Despite the 9-goal thriller yesterday, it appears that Sunderland are looking good for a Championship spot.
As are Pompey.
As an aside, there were a LOT of goals scored cross the leagues yesterday - 8 wins with 4 or 5 goals.
Didnt get to the match because I am near death through manflu. Must have been end to end stuff for the whole match, Makes for exciting football despite the result. We have not made the best of our matches in hand, but certainly in with a shout. Of course automatic promotion would be better, but playoffs are on the cards.

One thing I am proud of about being a Sunderland fan - we have not let the team down at all, regularly putting in attendances close to 40,000 or more.

Didnt get to the match because I am near death through manflu. Must have been end to end stuff for the whole match, Makes for exciting football despite the result. We have not made the best of our matches in hand, but certainly in with a shout. Of course automatic promotion would be better, but playoffs are on the cards.

One thing I am proud of about being a Sunderland fan - we have not let the team down at all, regularly putting in attendances close to 40,000 or more.
If only the facts upheld the fantasy
Sunderland | Attendances.. with a decent start if you do get promoted maybe next year you wont have to close parts of the ground

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Well done Sunderland hung on in there , fancy Doncaster in the finals
If we meet Lee Bowyer's Charlton it could be tasty.
  1. Because it's Lee Bowyer, and
  2. Because it's Charlton.
Here's the rub. Are we good enough to stop up in the Championship? I'm not entirely sure. Still rather weak IMHO. I've discovered the Now TV Sky Sports Day Pass. I've seen them twice this year and seen them humbled twice.

We could be relegated by Christmas.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I put 200 million Torn dollars on Charlton to win, returned 380 million Torn dollars. If we won, game money wouldn't matter.

Búgger.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I'm confident we won't be relegated this season (it's been fúcken years since I typed that pre-season). Helped by Bolton and Bury starting on -12 for not being financially compliant.

That said, I looked at the table yesterday. Because in the absence of any results at all, the table is in alphabetical order, we're only out of the relegation zone because of Bolton and Bury.

I'm confident we won't be relegated this season (it's been fúcken years since I typed that pre-season). Helped by Bolton and Bury starting on -12 for not being financially compliant.

That said, I looked at the table yesterday. Because in the absence of any results at all, the table is in alphabetical order, we're only out of the relegation zone because of Bolton and Bury.
Promoted this year Ails.

Be reet!

Just seen the starting line up. Grigg and McNulty start. Get into them lads :):) I’m cautiously optimistic this year. Lot of the big earners gone. Decent signings, proven at this level in Willis, Dobson and McNulty. Hung on to big Jon and McGeady. Jack Ross needs to show that after last season he’s got the measure of his squad and understands this league though. HTL

Busy as fcuk day today, all duties completed with a massive spring in ones step. Premier league two seasons away. Bring it.

Busy as fcuk day today, all duties completed with a massive spring in ones step. Premier league two seasons away. Bring it.
See you on the way down then mucker. Things are dire at the House of Doom and a little crack covering ain`t gonna change a shit squad with no depth. Summed it up against Arsenal, when a kid made his debut, got onto the pitch but didn`t know where he was supposed to be playing! Arsenal scored in the few minutes it took to orientate him. A long, hard season ahead for us.

Latest Threads