Relegated by Christmas

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I'll stick with Relegated by Christmas, if you don't mind. Hopefully we've bottomed, but I'm not getting cocky until I see things happen.

I'll stick with Relegated by Christmas, if you don't mind. Hopefully we've bottomed, but I'm not getting cocky until I see things happen.
Aye mate, loads done off the field. Massive task to turn things around re the playing staff and backroom. Donald has so far delivered everything he said he would. As always though it's the results that matter.

Well almost that time again, hopefully will be able to change the header to "promoted by Christmas". The new ownership have done a marvellous job so far in their short spell in the hot seat.
Sold nearly twenty three thousand season cards, so far the ticket sales are are over twenty six thousand for Saturdays opener against the addicks. Phenomenal support for league one. C'mon bring it.
Flights and hotel booked for Saturday mate for me and eldest girl. Not quite yet ten year old and she’s now attended games and seen us play in three divisions. Good character building stuff . Third tier we may be in but I’ve not felt such optimism in a decade. As daft as that may sound. Some of the mercenaries gone, half decent signings in, fresh seats, Rodwell off the books. Things looking up I reckon. Although anything less than a play off place this season I reckon will be a proper kick in the stones. It’ll not be the end of the world if we don’t get straight back into the championship but it’ll be harder the longer our tenure down there goes on. Honeyman as club captain too. What you make of that?

Flights and hotel booked for Saturday mate for me and eldest girl. Not quite yet ten year old and she’s now attended games and seen us play in three divisions. Good character building stuff . Third tier we may be in but I’ve not felt such optimism in a decade. As daft as that may sound. Some of the mercenaries gone, half decent signings in, fresh seats, Rodwell off the books. Things looking up I reckon. Although anything less than a play off place this season I reckon will be a proper kick in the stones. It’ll not be the end of the world if we don’t get straight back into the championship but it’ll be harder the longer our tenure down there goes on. Honeyman as club captain too. What you make of that?
Aye we should really rip that league apart mate, however........... Deffo feelgood factor back, be chuffed if Cattermole fucks off. I've seen all the player interviews, all seem to want to play for the shirt. Honeyman is one of longest serving platers now. If he puts the graft in he should have a ball in this league. Can't wait for Saturday, could have done with more pre-match supping time though.

There’s a definite optimism. Aside from the new signings, Gooch, Honeyman, Maja have a real chance this season to really make a name for themselves. A reliable defence will be the making of us I think. We’ve enough now to get amongst anyone in this league if we’re not having to play on the back foot. Yer big lad McLaughlin seems solid between the sticks. I’ve seen Flanagan in a NI shirt a couple of times and he should be well capable enough.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I'm prepared to accept we may have found our level at last and that in a few seasons we shan't be playing Dawdon Colliery Welfare FC.

Thank fúck.

A ten year wait for three goals in a first half, then two come along at once. They were saying before the game that our start had matched that of THAT Peter Reid after the play-off heartbreak record breaking season.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Good match against Scunthorpe. Some decent accurate crosses and goals earned not just by luck.

Maja looks like someone to watch for the future. Unfortunately he played so well I dont think he will be at Sunderland for long.

I'll be there against Oxford.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
4 -1 win... I will have that.
I would have been at the match had the lazy striking train crews had not sat on the arses for every Saturday in September.

Sunderland sack Didier Ndong, saying he breached contract by going awol

“Sunderland has given notice under its contract with Didier Ndong. The player, who was under contract with Sunderland until June 2021, failed to return to Sunderland for pre-season training in July as scheduled, nor in the subsequent months that followed.
“No reason was given for his failure to report and continued absence. As a result, Sunderland has accepted Didier Ndong’s repudiatory breaches of contract and notice of the same has been provided to the player.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Sunderland sack Didier Ndong, saying he breached contract by going awol

“Sunderland has given notice under its contract with Didier Ndong. The player, who was under contract with Sunderland until June 2021, failed to return to Sunderland for pre-season training in July as scheduled, nor in the subsequent months that followed.
“No reason was given for his failure to report and continued absence. As a result, Sunderland has accepted Didier Ndong’s repudiatory breaches of contract and notice of the same has been provided to the player.
Pity as he was a decent player for Sunderland.

I am not a huge football follower, however this thread has caused me to become a secret follower of the Black Cats, despite having never knowingly ever entered the city it is all your fault you bastids. I do not know if I can take the punishment.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I am not a huge football follower, however this thread has caused me to become a secret follower of the Black Cats, despite having never knowingly ever entered the city it is all your fault you bastids. I do not know if I can take the punishment.
The correct expression (per the fanzine. Is it still going? ) is ITHICS.

It's The Hope I Can't Stand.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
3-0 today. Would have been a good match to get to if the bastids who put the trains on strike would let me get there.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Can I suggest that SAFC will not be relegated by Christmas.

This season

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Can I suggest that SAFC will not be relegated by Christmas.

This season
Optimistic bugger arent you?

I look forward for Sunderland playing relegated Manchester Untied in the Championship next season.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads