Relegated by Christmas

Dilly dilly! The Pit of Misery! Dilly, Dilly!

1523903545468.png

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Worst team I've seen since I started going in 1976. I won't bother with the synopsis, It would take about a week.
About 1964. Whenever Stan Anderson had his testimonial. Apparently I saw Jackie Milburn play.

Mate, there is nothing more sure than the club will fukc up again....there`s the small matter of a takeover remember, and that is a whole Pandora`s Box of material for youse!

Look, mate, if we can come out of this relegation malarkey still intact, then I`m bloody sure youse will. Important thing for the supporters is get right behind the manager and players, especially at home. When the Stadium of Light is not full, I can imagine all the noise is amplified and the players can hear every curse, every insult. Coleman if he gets backing, will get you out of this set back I`m sure.

Mate, there is nothing more sure than the club will fukc up again....there`s the small matter of a takeover remember, and that is a whole Pandora`s Box of material for youse!

Look, mate, if we can come out of this relegation malarkey still intact, then I`m bloody sure youse will. Important thing for the supporters is get right behind the manager and players, especially at home. When the Stadium of Light is not full, I can imagine all the noise is amplified and the players can hear every curse, every insult. Coleman if he gets backing, will get you out of this set back I`m sure.
Aye mate, it will be the hardcore 17,000 next season. Gates will improve if we are winning, even if it's still Short nobody in that league will be able to compete with our wage budget, so should still be able to put a squad out that can compete. Agree to give Coleman a chance because he's had both hands tied, however him and Symons were defenders and they haven't been able to sort ours out. Those Three keepers are ******* abysmal. Could have easily had another twelve points at least, had we had a keeper. I would put O'Shea in and play that ******* nugget Camp up front.

Deliberately avoided making the journey across the Irish Sea this season so far. Not only could I not face taking a rare weekend off work away from the family, but the thought of putting funds into Shorts pocket.... Well. Flights booked and floor space arranged for Saturday night with my old ex-army mackem mucker for the Wolves game. Glutton for punishment. Although the optimist in me is hoping we get results against Burton and Fulham. Be some craic at the SoL if it goes down to last game of the season. Doubt that, but this being Sunderland, fcuk knows!

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Oh well, Fleetwood, AFC Wimbledon, Oldham et al next season.

Relegated by Christmas?

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I just found an article on Sky Sports quoting the club,

We began the campaign realistic in the knowledge that with the backdrop of relegation from the Premier League and our financial position, it would be a significant challenge to make an immediate return to the top flight.
"However, it was not envisaged nor expected that we would subsequently be facing the prospect of League One football, which makes this position all the harder to take.
In which case I put it to the club that they are incompetent and all need to get out of Dodge. Even a doddery old codger, out of touch and separated by hundreds of miles could see it a year ago:
So, @pc supa , are you going to be optimistic and change your thread title to Promoted by Christmas, or are you going to be a pessimist like me, and leave it as it is?

ITHICS
Get out of the club, the lot of you, and let someone competent fix it.

So have you guys done the poznan to commemorate your relocation to the 3rd tier?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

My phone has been on overdrive the last couple of weeks mate, I've been confronted by old men wearing black and white tops that last saw service in the 1920s etc. Just got to take it tongue in cheek. Northeast football being Northeast football, there'll be something to laugh at about the Toon again in the near future.
Back to back relegations is gonna take some topping

Rewind back to 2006 when we got relegated at old trafford, how you took the piss. Most of you probably can't remember, weren't born or probably supporting Chelsea then.
I remember when Man Yoo thought they had won the Premiership at your gaff, before that little magician Auguero spoilt their party.....and how your mob baited them and the reality hit home! Been a bit of antagonism between the fans ever since, I believe.

I remember when Man Yoo thought they had won the Premiership at your gaff, before that little magician Auguero spoilt their party.....and how your mob baited them and the reality hit home! Been a bit of antagonism between the fans ever since, I believe.
Yep, started by them in 2006. How I laughed when I did the Poznan in front of old red eyes.

Yep, started by them in 2006. How I laughed when I did the Poznan in front of old red eyes.
You can laugh on your way to the 3rd tier

You can laugh on your way to the 3rd tier

Been there seen it done it. The club is a ******* joke at present, sure we will be back eventually. Nothing to laugh at, however, I support the club not the division.
I hope you come back up. I've always had a soft spot for Sunderland and I believe it was under peter Reid that you played attractive and effective football.

If I won a 150m euro rollover i'd love to get my hands on Sunderland given it's vast potential. An amazing stadium that has wider income generation beyond football (concerts, boxing), a loyal and large fanbase, plus a big enough name to attract players.

Once they get some of the big wages off the books and overhauled player recruitment, then that club has a lot of potential to be turned around

Last edited:
I hope you come back up. I've always had a soft spot for Sunderland and I believe it was under peter Reid that you played attractive and effective football.

If I won a 150m euro rollover i'd love to get my hands on Sunderland given it's cast potential. An amazing stadium that has wider income he station beyond football (concerns, boxing), a loyal and large fanbase, plus a big enough name to attract players.

Once they get some of the big wages off the books and overhauled player recruitment, then that club has a lot of potential to be turned around

Aye agreed mate, Short has royally screwed this club over, no matter what appointments have been made, the blame lies firmly with him. God knows how he has accrued his wealth.

Aye agreed mate, Short has royally screwed this club over, no matter what appointments have been made, the blame lies firmly with him. God knows how he has accrued his wealth.
We, Bolton, might be joining you. Should beat Burton but on the day... Some owners are real twots and spend more times making excuses than being honest. Got to keep your fingers crossed for a quick return. You'll have a problem with Wolves so best give the kids a run out. Not much to be frightened of in League One. You should piss it. :cool: