Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Release Tommy Robinson

anglo

LE
Dead MP good enough for you?
How about this {from MI5}

THE ATTACKSMI5 and CT Policing have thwarted 20 Islamist terrorist plots in the past four years, resulting in 10 life sentences from the seven plots that have so far come to trial. But in a free society and against a worsening threat background, it is not realistic to expect everything to be stopped.(Chapter 1 and 5.20-5.25

As against this

They have pointed also to the smaller but still deadly threat from extreme right wing(XRW) terrorism,6exemplified by the murder of Jo Cox MP in June 2016 and by the proscription of the neo-Nazi group National Action in December 2016

Just outside the rather arbitrary 20 year limit, we have the London nail bombings 3 dead, 140 wounded.
David Copeland.

He can be included, as well as Darren Osborne (He drove a van in a crowd outside a mosques) that will be 5 dead then, in just over 21 years.

Not exactly a massive amount in the scheme of things.

anglo

LE

There’s also an FOI request asking for more specifics on the stats - take what you will from their refusal to answer Q5.
From the first link
A third of all terror plots to kill in Britain since 2017 – seven out of 22 – were by those driven by extreme-right causes.
2/3 thirds are not XRW and murders not carried out

The second link is meaningless

See post#9961

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Fair point.

I should declare that I am bigoted against ignorant people who are proud of their ignorance , actual racists and people who idolise Nazis; I fcuking detest them all. I'm not fond of the terminally stupid either.
Apologies for quoting myself on this, but I noticed I wasn't quite telling the truth in my earlier post. I don't really hate "actual racists", as I believe there's a little bit of racism in each and every one of us, and to be honest I don't really care that much about it. It might sometimes be unpleasant, but it's a fact of life. What I should have said is that I dislike those who use their racism and that of others to create strife.

He can be included, as well as Darren Osborne (He drove a van in a crowd outside a mosques) that will be 5 dead then, in just over 21 years.

Not exactly a massive amount in the scheme of things.
The two things are not related.
There are a number (increasing) of XRW domestic terrorists who have committed violent crimes.
Your comment is only relevant as to their efficiency, not their malice.

But then neither is terrorism in general.
I'm pretty certain that the death toll is much higher due to Islam.

There are a number (increasing) of XRW domestic terrorists who have committed violent crimes.
Which violent crimes? Domestic terrorists is a hell of title for minor criminals.

Which violent crimes? Domestic terrorists is a hell of title for minor criminals.
The ones already listed?
Criminals who shoot people, run them over, and plant nail bombs are not minor criminals.
They are politically motivated terrorists, not shoplifters.

Mattb

LE
I'm pretty certain that the death toll is much higher due to Islam.
It is.

But either terrorism is a problem even though it only kills a few people - no matter what the flavour - or it isn’t, due to the small numbers.

anglo

LE
Name those violent crimes by the XRW, {show the increase}
at the same time name the Islamic attacks over the same time sale

Name those violent crimes by the XRW, {show the increase}
at the same time name the Islamic attacks over the same time sale
Sigh... Already done.
But your point is the same lame one used before that the XRW haven't committed as many (numerical) crimes or inflicted as many casualties (numerically) as the MOOSLIMS have.

There are statistically fewer Right Wing savages, when the evidence is that there ARE Right Wing savages, and their number is increasing.

There is also, as I pointed out above, nothing to be proud of that the average Right Wing savage is incompetent at being a terrorist. Their lower body count is no reflection on their malice, just on their competence.
They are mostly just crap at their job.

anglo

LE
Sigh... Already done.
But your point is the same lame one used before that the XRW haven't committed as many (numerical) crimes or inflicted as many casualties (numerically) as the MOOSLIMS have.

There are statistically fewer Right Wing savages, when the evidence is that there ARE Right Wing savages, and their number is increasing.

There is also, as I pointed out above, nothing to be proud of that the average Right Wing savage is incompetent at being a terrorist. Their lower body count is no reflection on their malice, just on their competence.
They are mostly just crap at their job.
What I'm saying is that there as been no increase in XRW attacks, the XRW wing do more shouting than attacking, I have read through a lot of reports and I can't find anything that proves the XRW attacks are on the increase, One of the MI5 reports says the attacks are increasing but gives no examples,
I am no defender of the XRW

What I'm saying is that there as been no increase in XRW attacks, the XRW wing do more shouting than attacking, I have read through a lot of reports and I can't find anything that proves the XRW attacks are on the increase, One of the MI5 reports says the attacks are increasing but gives no examples,
I am no defender of the XRW
You've read MI5 reports, eh?

You lying twat.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads