Release Tommy Robinson

That is probably the best article I have read, regarding SYL.

I’m sure some of his beloved deciples will be along shortly in their green coats, to tell us that it is a lefty reporter and is completely wrong.

The fact is, everything in that article is 100% correct, and is why I despise the bigoted midget.

Thanks for the link @Pob02 .

MB
Just playing 'Devil's advocate' here, but are you absolutely 100% correct in stating that "everything in that article is 100% correct" or is that just your personal interreptation of the article?
Someone else could come along, and say 'well that ain't right, he never said, nor did that'. Then someone else could come along and say 'I agree with A but not with B'.

Just playing 'Devil's advocate' here, but are you absolutely 100% correct in stating that "everything in that article is 100% correct" or is that just your personal interreptation of the article?
Someone else could come along, and say 'well that ain't right, he never said, nor did that'. Then someone else could come along and say 'I agree with A but not with B'.
Bad choice of words. I’ll say I agree 100% with the article, and in my opinion is 100% correct in the assessment of Yaxley-Lennon.

MB

How so?

Are we going to have an Trump-esque 'alternative truths' type discussion?

There's facts, and there are opinions:

Look at these four alternative statements:

1. 20 men convicted of CSE via use of 'grooming gangs. It's accurate - as far as it goes. But doesn't tell the full story. A bit BBC
perhaps?

2. 20 Moslem men convicted of CSE. It's inaccurate (doesn't mention Sikhs) but even if it were accurate in this case it also potentially introduces bias, as it doesn't reflect the wider CSE problem AND it's reminiscent of those 'four soldiers involved in punch-up in Folkestone* town centre' stories which neglect to mention the 12 local lads also involved.

3. 20 Moslem men convicted of CSE. What do you bloody expect from Pakis? We're in rant mode now...

4. More Moslem sex offenders! All Moslems are Paedos and all paedos are Moslems! More tin foil, anyone?

We can see all such headlines in all of the media** whether it be Brexit or in discussions about the Dreadnought crisis. The thing about MSM was there was some sort of code about what and how things are reported. Not always effective but In the 'new' media that's no longer true.

What we need is something between 1-2. What we 'want' is whatever serves our personal bias. It's why I'm on here and not Mumsnet.

The facts about TR seem to be accurately reported in the blog article quoted above. There's no 'balance' to be struck there.

There are separate discussions to be had about why his rhetoric resonates with a part of the population.

* Other garrison towns are available.

** And you see all of this range on this thread, with Corvid happily playing the role of Contestant No 4.

How so?

Are we going to have an Trump-esque 'alternative truths' type discussion?

There's facts, and there are opinions:

Look at these four alternative statements:

1. 20 men convicted of CSE via use of 'grooming gangs. It's accurate - as far as it goes. But doesn't tell the full story. A bit BBC
perhaps?

2. 20 Moslem men convicted of CSE. It's inaccurate (doesn't mention Sikhs) but even if it were accurate in this case it also potentially introduces bias, as it doesn't reflect the wider CSE problem AND it's reminiscent of those 'four soldiers involved in punch-up in Folkestone* town centre' stories which neglect to mention the 12 local lads also involved.

3. 20 Moslem men convicted of CSE. What do you bloody expect from Pakis? We're in rant mode now...

4. More Moslem sex offenders! All Moslems are Paedos and all paedos are Moslems! More tin foil, anyone?

We can see all such headlines in all of the media** whether it be Brexit or in discussions about the Dreadnought crisis. The thing about MSM was there was some sort of code about what and how things are reported. Not always effective but In the 'new' media that's no longer true.

What we need is something between 1-2. What we 'want' is whatever serves our personal bias. It's why I'm on here and not Mumsnet.

The facts about TR seem to be accurately reported in the blog article quoted above. There's no 'balance' to be struck there.

There are separate discussions to be had about why his rhetoric resonates with a part of the population.

* Other garrison towns are available.

** And you see all of this range on this thread, with Corvid happily playing the role of Contestant No 4.
Gotcha as in “I understand”.

To raise the point that social grooming was getting out of control and at large being ignored by the authorities and he wanted raise awareness.

How the f*** do I know.
Apart from the fact that the defendants had been arrested by the police and interviewed about the offences which were investigated, then charged by the CPS and put on trial (which Yaxley-Lennon jeopardised)? That kind of being ignored by the authorities?

He never has had a point...

Last edited:
Apart from the fact that the defendants had been arrested by the police and interviewed about the offences which were investigated, then charged by the CPS and put on trial (which Yaxley-Lennon jeopardised)? That kind of being ignored by the authorities?

He never had had a point...
But Muslims. MUSLIMS...

MUSLIMS, and their Ray guns

From Yesterdays Times article about the deplorable gang, TR is commented upon

The Huddersfield grooming trials, believed to be Britain's single biggest grooming prosecution, were potentially put at risk by the actions of Tommy Robinson, The founder of the English Defence League , who was prosecuted for allegedly flouting reporting restrictions designed to ensure the proceedings were fair. Robinson, A convicted fraudster, was jailed for contempt of court but the conviction was later quashed and the case is due to be heard again at the Old Bailey next week.

That will be WELL reported in the Times and I look forward to hearing the Learned Judges summing up of this vitriolic little bundle of hate

From Yesterdays Times article about the deplorable gang, TR is commented upon

The Huddersfield grooming trials, believed to be Britain's single biggest grooming prosecution, were potentially put at risk by the actions of Tommy Robinson, The founder of the English Defence League , who was prosecuted for allegedly flouting reporting restrictions designed to ensure the proceedings were fair. Robinson, A convicted fraudster, was jailed for contempt of court but the conviction was later quashed and the case is due to be heard again at the Old Bailey next week.

That will be WELL reported in the Times and I look forward to hearing the Learned Judges summing up of this vitriolic little bundle of hate
Sound, unbiased reporting there, I like the way they don’t attempt to preset the readers bias at the beginning of each sentence.

Latest Threads