Release Tommy Robinson

Reading the twitter it sounds hopeful, as TR is appealing the convictions. If he does manage to get himself out, a lot of people on this thread are going to look very very stupid.

But to be honest, that is not a hard thing to achieve.
The tweets are from one of his ardent supporters, they’re hardly going to say any different, are they?

Reading the twitter it sounds hopeful, as TR is appealing the convictions. If he does manage to get himself out, a lot of people on this thread are going to look very very stupid.

But to be honest, that is not a hard thing to achieve.
Is this 'stupid' the same as avoiding the questions put to you, or is it a different kind of stupid?

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
UKIP now backing Tommy. This tells you all you need to know the brain dead morons.
Tommy Robinson broke the law, had it explained to him why he was breaking the law. He understood it, went out, did it again. Had it explained to him again and he, (probably expecting a slap on the wrist) pleaded guilty. And now UKIP have decided to support him.

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer
UKIP now backing Tommy. This tells you all you need to know the brain dead morons.
Tommy Robinson broke the law, had it explained to him why he was breaking the law. He understood it, went out, did it again. Had it explained to him again and he, (probably expecting a slap on the wrist) pleaded guilty. And now UKIP have decided to support him.
As if UKIP wasn't already buggered.....

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
As if UKIP wasn't already buggered.....
Also backed by Brietbart, the guy on newsnight was brietbarts ex London editor. And now he’s (Tommy) been compared to Robin Hood.

According to UKIP Tommy is being jailed by European law. He needs to tell our judiciary that and quickly I’m sure they’ll take that one on the chin.

Echo On

On ROPS
On ROPs
The tweets are from one of his ardent supporters, they’re hardly going to say any different, are they?
No, but as I freely admit to knowing nothing about the law, its an interesting development for both his supporters and useful idiots like myself, who think he has something to say worth listening to and is a useful foil for democracy that someone expresses the unsayable.

I still can't believe the justice system will break and admit any errors of course, but that will be found out at the end of the month. If he gets out, look on the bright side, the thread will be officially canned.

No, but as I freely admit to knowing nothing about the law, its an interesting development for both his supporters and useful idiots like myself, who think he has something to say worth listening to and is a useful foil for democracy that someone expresses the unsayable.
He has every right to speak his mind, no matter how odious his views may be to many.
He has no right, however, to jeopardise trials, which is why he is currently banged up.

Judge Marston:
“I respect everyone’s right to free speech. That’s one of the most important rights that we have.
“With those rights come responsibilities. The responsibility to exercise that freedom of speech within the law.
“I am not sure you appreciate the potential consequence of what you have done.
“If the jurors in my present trial get to know of this video I will no doubt be faced with an application to discharge the jury.
“If I have to do that it will mean a re-trial, costing hundreds and hundreds and thousands of pounds.”

Judge Norton

"This contempt hearing is not about free speech. This is not about the freedom of the press. This is not about legitimate journalism; this is not about political correctness; this is not about whether one political viewpoint is right or another. It is about justice, and it is about ensuring that a trial can be carried out justly and fairly.

"In short, Mr. Yaxley-Lennon, turn up at another court, refer to people as "Muslim paedophiles, Muslim rapists" and so on and so forth while trials are ongoing and before there has been a finding by a jury that that is what they are, and you will find yourself inside. Do you understand? Thank you very much.

There's some pearlers in this report: From his barrister:

“He did not intend to breach any [reporting restriction] order, albeit that he was aware that there was an order,“ Mr Dein told the court, claiming that Robinson was “operating as a journalist” and attempted to be legally vigilant. [But he acknowledged that he had received media law training, so ignorance is absolutely no excuse]

And then there's this from the Government side (for the mouth-breathers, the judges are not the Government):

Louis Mably QC, an independent barrister appointed by the Attorney General to assist the court, said judges must ask if any of the alleged procedural failings ultimately affected the finding that Robinson had committed contempt of court.

He said the case was a question of “substance not form”, adding: “There is nothing in the rules to suggest an order or finding of contempt is invalidated if a particular aspect of the rules is not complied with.“ [my bold]

Moreover, it is reported that the defence team in the court case that the fibbing, violent criminal SYL attempted to interrupt did ask to have the jury discharged because of his actions.

And one of the people while 'protesting/reporting' on the Robinson appeal. About a person jailed for breaking reporting restrictions, himself, stops tweeting.
Obeying restrictions. Strange that.
Not sure who you're talking about but the chap I linked to in my previous post tweeted all the way through the appeal. Strange that.

Capture.JPG

I still can't believe the justice system will break and admit any errors of course, but that will be found out at the end of the month. If he gets out, look on the bright side, the thread will be officially canned.
Why do you think that this thread will be ‘officially canned’ if he gets out? You seem mighty desperate to have it deleted, the thread will stay until the mods deem otherwise

Latest Threads