Release lump sum

I, ve had my initial lump sum and are in receipt of my monthly payment, but can you release a further lump sum from your British Army Pension through the Equiniti pensons firm?

I, ve had my initial lump sum and are in receipt of my monthly payment, but can you release a further lump sum from your British Army Pension through the Equiniti pensons firm?
No, you can only have one bite of the Pension Commencement Lump Sum / Commutation cake.

Forces Pension Society

Sponsor
Sponsor
Once your pension is in payment no further commutation is available - for two reasons.

First, there is not a scheme rule which would allow it.

Second, HMRC rules prevent the scheme administrators from reducing the pension save in very specific circumstances (for example, to put a court order into force).

@Forces Pension Society

I'm struggling with AFPS 15 commutation and 15 pension at SPA. Member of 75/15.

Pension calculator example, maths simplified (75/15):

Pension / EDP at exit £40k (25k / 15k)
Lump sump at exit £150k (100k / 50k)
Deferred pension at SPA £50K (30/20k)

or with commutation:
@SPA lump sum £100k
Reduced deferred pension £15k

my question: does this mean to gain a second lump sump of £100k at SPA, the total annual pension is reduced to only £15k or that AFPS element of deferred pension is reduced to £15k (vice £20k in my example), so new deferred pension is now £45k vice £50k?

Thanks in advance

@Forces Pension Society

I'm struggling with AFPS 15 commutation and 15 pension at SPA. Member of 75/15.

Pension calculator example, maths simplified (75/15):

Pension / EDP at exit £40k (25k / 15k)
Lump sump at exit £150k (100k / 50k)
Deferred pension at SPA £50K (30/20k)

or with commutation:
@SPA lump sum £100k
Reduced deferred pension £15k

my question: does this mean to gain a second lump sump of £100k at SPA, the total annual pension is reduced to only £15k or that AFPS element of deferred pension is reduced to £15k (vice £20k in my example), so new deferred pension is now £45k vice £50k?

Thanks in advance
Aren't you going put it all on the AFPS 75?

Attached is a PDF of an article on lump sum choices which shows the formula for AFPS 15 commutation. If you need further help, join us (www.forcespensionsociety.org) and a member of the Pensions Team will go through your lump sum options with you.
having read, and re-read I think I understand as: an AFPS lump sum is due at SPA, but you forego a percentage of the AFPS 15 annual pension?

So a question of calculating the lump sum divided by number of years to break even on a pension vs lump sum calculus? In my case, death before 79 and I'll be up, after that the house wins? I acknowledge tax-rates complicate this.

Long fan and member of @Forces Pension Society I think I've been a member for 20yrs!

Latest Threads