relaxed efficency in the rifles

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Nails., Apr 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just been on the rifles site and they say that they opperate under a relaxed efficency ethos. Does that mean you don't get shouted at and treated like a c'unt as much during training? Also, how do the rifles match up against the paras?
  2. I suppose you get points for effort at least
  3. The Rifles have 7 Battalions, as opposed to the 2 - The Parachute Regiment has. (One Bn being in SFSG)
    (There's a whisper that The Rifles, may well have an 8th Bn on the way...)

Reading the above - what do you think ? :D

I have heard, that ITC is STILL a place where you get Trained... :)

IMO - once The Rifles have settled into their 'new' status - there should be lots of opportunities there - are you thinking of joining them ?
  4. Yeah I am. I was going to join the paras but after reading the rifles website I was rather impressed. What difference does having more battalions make though?
  5. More people under the same capbadge to think your a cnut.
  6. how are the rifles trained differently to the paras?
  7. They have efficiently relaxed training.
  8. They aren't trained to jump out of planes.
  9. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

Its quality not quantity, what you are really trying to say is that it takes the Rifles 7 bn's to do what the Paras can do with 3.....

I will await the incoming!!!!!!!!
  10. No, they're trained to not jump out of planes, and that do it with relaxed efficiency.

Is it just me that thinks 'relaxed efficiency' sounds/feels dangerously similar to phrases like 'quantitive easing'?

quantitive easing = photocopy your way out of financial trouble mugabe styley
    relaxed efficiency = save on incidental costs, don't buy polish

I'm sure others would have a better definition though
  11. After watching some of the skills and drills on the ranges in Bastion, can I suggest you go for Para rather than Rifles*; some of their training and efficiency was very 'relaxed'

* Not all of them had relaxed drills.
  12. My bold - 2 of those 7 Rifles Battalions are TA, so in that case the Parachute Regiment has 4 Battalions - 3 x Regular and 1 x TA, the TA Battalion being 4 PARA.
  13. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Actually 4.

1 Para roled SFSG
    2 and 3 Para roled Airborne Infantry
    4 Para - Reserve bn

One difference is that the Rifles do foot drill quicker than the Paras, but TAB much slower!
  14. so what ur basically saying is that the paras are best by a mile? This guy I know says paras are just the same as infantry but do jumps too.
  15. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Away with you, troll.