relaxed efficency in the rifles

Just been on the rifles site and they say that they opperate under a relaxed efficency ethos. Does that mean you don't get shouted at and treated like a c'unt as much during training? Also, how do the rifles match up against the paras?

Nails. said:
Just been on the rifles site and they say that they opperate under a relaxed efficency ethos. Does that mean you don't get shouted at and treated like a front bottom as much during training? Also, how do the rifles match up against the paras?
The Rifles have 7 Battalions, as opposed to the 2 - The Parachute Regiment has. (One Bn being in SFSG)
(There's a whisper that The Rifles, may well have an 8th Bn on the way...)

Reading the above - what do you think ? :D

I have heard, that ITC is STILL a place where you get Trained... :)

IMO - once The Rifles have settled into their 'new' status - there should be lots of opportunities there - are you thinking of joining them ?

Yeah I am. I was going to join the paras but after reading the rifles website I was rather impressed. What difference does having more battalions make though?

Nails. said:
Yeah I am. I was going to join the paras but after reading the rifles website I was rather impressed. What difference does having more battalions make though?
More people under the same capbadge to think your a cnut.

They aren't trained to jump out of planes.

daywalker

LE
Kit Reviewer
Iscoed said:
Nails. said:
Just been on the rifles site and they say that they opperate under a relaxed efficency ethos. Does that mean you don't get shouted at and treated like a front bottom as much during training? Also, how do the rifles match up against the paras?
The Rifles have 7 Battalions, as opposed to the 2 - The Parachute Regiment has. (One Bn being in SFSG)

IMO - once The Rifles have settled into their 'new' status - there should be lots of opportunities there - are you thinking of joining them ?
Its quality not quantity, what you are really trying to say is that it takes the Rifles 7 bn's to do what the Paras can do with 3.....

I will await the incoming!!!!!!!!

Magdovus said:
They aren't trained to jump out of planes.
No, they're trained to not jump out of planes, and that do it with relaxed efficiency.

Is it just me that thinks 'relaxed efficiency' sounds/feels dangerously similar to phrases like 'quantitive easing'?

quantitive easing = photocopy your way out of financial trouble mugabe styley
relaxed efficiency = save on incidental costs, don't buy polish

I'm sure others would have a better definition though

After watching some of the skills and drills on the ranges in Bastion, can I suggest you go for Para rather than Rifles*; some of their training and efficiency was very 'relaxed'

* Not all of them had relaxed drills.

Iscoed said:
Nails. said:

My bold - 2 of those 7 Rifles Battalions are TA, so in that case the Parachute Regiment has 4 Battalions - 3 x Regular and 1 x TA, the TA Battalion being 4 PARA.

The_Duke

LE
Gluck_ab said:
Iscoed said:
Nails. said:

My bold - 2 of the 7 Rifles Battalions are TA, so in that case the Parachute Regiment has 3 Battalions - 2 x Regular and 1 x TA.
Actually 4.

1 Para roled SFSG
2 and 3 Para roled Airborne Infantry
4 Para - Reserve bn

One difference is that the Rifles do foot drill quicker than the Paras, but TAB much slower!

so what ur basically saying is that the paras are best by a mile? This guy I know says paras are just the same as infantry but do jumps too.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
daywalker said:
Nails. said:
so what ur basically saying is that the paras are best by a mile?
Yep.
If you can stand the pain, probably. But having brain removed during training can be most uncomfortable.

Gluck ab - & Duke

Quite right - my fault... :oops:

Being Para - I tend NOT to think of 1 Para as being on call,due to their work/role in SFSG.

As for Rifles - I wasn't aware that 2 of their Battalions were TA.,only one.

So for the purposes of answering the original question - 5 Bn's for Rifles & 2 for The Paras (as one is Reserve and one is roled SFSG)

As for Bastion Drills & etc - what else do you expect ? :D

UTRINQUE PARATUS.