Relationships and Regualtions!

Discussion in 'OTC and ACF' started by barnezy349, May 13, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have just started going out with a female cadet who attends a unit which i occasionally attend as an external instructor )i am also a cadet). We are both NCOs and know not to display any affection or similiar goings on in front of cadets or officers. However, I have been told by a senior that there a certain regs regarding relationships between cadets and i would just like to know if anyone could put the record straight for me.

We are both 15 just so you know.

2. given your age, this should not pose any problems, however, as an adult (and being a person in a position of responsibility) relationship between instructors and cadets is not only frowned upon, but illegal.

3. If you are both cadets and aged 16 or above I don't think there is anything wrong with what you are doing. Just play the game, don't flaunt your relationship in front of others etc. With regards to you going to this other det as instructor try to avoid it as much as possible as it could put you in difficult situations e.g. favouritism etc. The main thing to remember is that cadets is a youth organisation and as such cadets are not subject to military regulations. You may want to check your County Standing Orders for additional guidance though. Hope this helps.

4. He states they are both 15!!!! Cadets may not be subject to mil law, however, they are subject to civil law A teacher would not be correct in having a relationship with a pupil, (Instructor/Cadet = Teacher/Pupil), and if he became 16 and she still 15, then problems are envisaged!!!!!! Be careful, dont flaunt it, and dont have any dealings in the cadets with the female, save for instruction/working relations!!!

5. Note to self, read posts completly!

6. Cheers lads. :D

7. I think Woody might get jealous though.

8. Wait until she's 16 then take her outside (and inside, anyside :)) and do various kinky things with your uniforms on (and off). Take photos then post them around your unit and her unit for giggles.

Wait a minute, how about being original and keeping your relationship professional, celibate and outside of the units involved... naaaah

9. just out of interest, how are you an external instructor? Canoeing or something like that?

10. Minor Walting, he looks like a senior cadet that helps out at other detachments.

11. Barney stay within normal law and I'd reckon they can't say anything to you. The senior is probably inventing rules.

I've got a daughter near your age and I can't believe your getting this crap

12. That's cos you don't know what your daughter's up to while your chatting on arrse :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

13. I was with my girlfriend for 13 months, both NCOs at the same detachment. Just don't piss about and you'll be fine.

14. Barney if you're both 15 years of age then I hope you realise that having full sex with her is illegal. However, oral, watersports, ******* and ******* are acceptable.

15. At the end of the day, you're in an youth organisation. Just like the scouts or St Johns Ambulance. The senior is prob. just making up rules to make the cadets sound like it is more than that.

Is he called Walter McMitty, by any chance?