Relationships and Regualtions!

I have just started going out with a female cadet who attends a unit which i occasionally attend as an external instructor )i am also a cadet). We are both NCOs and know not to display any affection or similiar goings on in front of cadets or officers. However, I have been told by a senior that there a certain regs regarding relationships between cadets and i would just like to know if anyone could put the record straight for me.

We are both 15 just so you know.

given your age, this should not pose any problems, however, as an adult (and being a person in a position of responsibility) relationship between instructors and cadets is not only frowned upon, but illegal.

If you are both cadets and aged 16 or above I don't think there is anything wrong with what you are doing. Just play the game, don't flaunt your relationship in front of others etc. With regards to you going to this other det as instructor try to avoid it as much as possible as it could put you in difficult situations e.g. favouritism etc. The main thing to remember is that cadets is a youth organisation and as such cadets are not subject to military regulations. You may want to check your County Standing Orders for additional guidance though. Hope this helps.

plant_life said:
If you are both cadets and aged 16 or above I don't think there is anything wrong with what you are doing. Just play the game, don't flaunt your relationship in front of others etc. With regards to you going to this other det as instructor try to avoid it as much as possible as it could put you in difficult situations e.g. favouritism etc. The main thing to remember is that cadets is a youth organisation and as such cadets are not subject to military regulations. You may want to check your County Standing Orders for additional guidance though. Hope this helps.
He states they are both 15!!!! Cadets may not be subject to mil law, however, they are subject to civil law A teacher would not be correct in having a relationship with a pupil, (Instructor/Cadet = Teacher/Pupil), and if he became 16 and she still 15, then problems are envisaged!!!!!! Be careful, dont flaunt it, and dont have any dealings in the cadets with the female, save for instruction/working relations!!!

Wait until she's 16 then take her outside (and inside, anyside :)) and do various kinky things with your uniforms on (and off). Take photos then post them around your unit and her unit for giggles.

Wait a minute, how about being original and keeping your relationship professional, celibate and outside of the units involved... naaaah

Barney stay within normal law and I'd reckon they can't say anything to you. The senior is probably inventing rules.

I've got a daughter near your age and I can't believe your getting this crap

polar said:
Barney stay within normal law and I'd reckon they can't say anything to you. The senior is probably inventing rules.

I've got a daughter near your age and I can't believe your getting this crap
That's cos you don't know what your daughter's up to while your chatting on arrse :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Barney if you're both 15 years of age then I hope you realise that having full sex with her is illegal. However, oral, watersports, ******* and ******* are acceptable.

At the end of the day, you're in an youth organisation. Just like the scouts or St Johns Ambulance. The senior is prob. just making up rules to make the cadets sound like it is more than that.

Is he called Walter McMitty, by any chance?

These are the rules as stated in The ACF Manual 2005 Edition - AC 14233. Which is a guide to rules and regulations within the ACF. Your Detachment should hold a copy, ask your Detachment Commander to see it. It makes good bedtime reading believe me!!!! (2.027 does aply in a way as you are both under 16) But 2.029 is stright to the point.

2.027. Breaches of criminal law by cadets whilst with the ACF are not to be tolerated. Any cadet found to be in breach of the criminal law (in possession of a controlled drug or an offensive weapon for instance or committing violence against another person) or suspected of being in breach of the criminal law (suspected of possessing or consuming an illegal substance or suspected of theft, arson or criminal damage for instance) is to be suspended immediately pending investigation. It is an offence to carry, in a public place without justification and authority, any article which has a blade or is sharply pointed except a folding pocket-knife with a cutting edge to its blade of less than 3” in length. Any identified or suspected illegal substance, offensive weapon or stolen object is to be removed from the cadet and held as evidence. The case is to be reported at once to the CEO who will report the circumstances to the Police and to the cadetʼs parent/guardian. If the case is proven, the cadet is to be discharged and the case reported to the District/Regional Brigade HQ as well as the Regional RFCA HQ.

2.029. Sexual relations between cadets are forbidden while the cadets are with the ACF.

Hope this helps. As a DC myself my advice is to make sure that your relationship stays out of the ACF, then no one is any wiser. What you do outside of Cadets is your own choice it will only be a matter for the ACF if a criminal act is commited.

its not really a case of keeping it quiet. There's no need.
The rules say SEXUAL relations are forbidden whilst you are with the ACF (ie on parade, or a weekend).