Relationships among serving officers

Discussion in 'Officers' started by Mighty_Lob_On, May 4, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello. My first post here, and a bit of a sticky one.

Is there a rule that states an officer cannot have a relationship/live with a fellow officer (of the opposite sex), if they serve in the same unit? Would being TA or Regular make any difference?
  2. two officers in my old regt got married, however she did resign her commission either just before or just after the wedding
  3. msr

msr LE

I presume the 'service test' would be applied.

4. Yup. So let's start servicing!

I won't bother with the coat.
  5. blimey if you weren't allowed to shag "sister officers", what would Assistant Adjutants have done on a weekend??
  6. It's a hole isn't it?
  7. Would this be allowed if one of the parties involved was under the direct command of the other?
  8. That fails the "Service Test" IMHO.

Either wait until you or he/she moves on, which won't be long, or ask the CO to move one of you, perhaps citing the need for more experience! He will laugh you out of court and mark down your CR!

So, it's a waiting game. It used be called courting!!!!

9. Stop being coy...

...if you think its wrong it probably is!
  10. You tube, stop beating around the bush and give us the full dirt on this tricky situation that you're in.

There are loads of variables in a situation like this, one size does not fit all. For example, I have had a Sqn 2IC have a relationship with a Pl Comd - admittedly with a warning shot from yours truly - but no dramas or issues there whatsoever. Relationship gradually fizzled out with no impact on the operational effectiveness of the Sqn.

However, how would you feel if your CO and his 2IC were having a relationship? Puts a different spin on it, doesn't? Nevertheless, if you're a sharp cookie, you'll have picked out the key phrase in this monologue already and applied it to your situation. We live in enlightened times old son and people in institutions with a hierachical structure have relationships with each other all the time. However, if you can't conduct it with grace, style and maturity (see John Prescott) then you deserve to be sanctioned.
  11. We have 2 officers in our Regt that are soon to marry each other and both live in. One is an RLC Subbie, the other an AGC Capt.
  12. Surely that is the equivalent of one being on Mars (RLC) and the other on Venus (AGC)?????

That passes the Service Test, IMHO.

And, no doubt, they deserve one another......!

13. I feel for the poor children of such a union... is one of them gwah just to really set it off?
  14. I guess it's Ok if your sad enough not to be able to trap outside the camp gates..... :evil:
  15. Out of interest, does anyone know of any same sex relationships? When is the first "union" going to happen down the Town Hall and will they shack up in a Quarter?