Relationship with Police

#1
Remembering back to my training, there was a brief discussion about the relationship between civil plod and Army Officers.
The claim made was that Officers can only be questioned etc by Police of an equal or higher rank.
Was this total bull, or is it true?
 
#5
You are correct when it comes to Service Police interviewing an officer (not sure if it is the rules or just good form).

In the case of civvy-bill an army officer is just another member of the public and can be questioned by the lowest of lowly PCs.

Off thread but funnily enough CivPol are supposed to salute Army Officers, as we should our own Police Officers of the rank of inspector and above. They are old-school rules and it doesn't happen anymore and they are lucky if the get called sir rather than "guv" where I work. I do salute Army Officers though, as it's good manners, just don't use the crappy US-Navy style police salute we were taught at Hendon.
 
#6
Isn't this a RMP rule mixing with Plod?

I think the monkies can't arrest someone of higher rank. Or above a certain rank above their own...
 
B

Biscuits_AB

Guest
#8
chocolate_frog said:
Isn't this a RMP rule mixing with Plod?

I think the monkies can't arrest someone of higher rank. Or above a certain rank above their own...
Yes they can.
 
B

Biscuits_AB

Guest
#9
fatherjack said:
Remembering back to my training, there was a brief discussion about the relationship between civil plod and Army Officers.
The claim made was that Officers can only be questioned etc by Police of an equal or higher rank.
Was this total bull, or is it true?
Barrack room myth.
 
#12
Squiggles said:
You are correct when it comes to Service Police interviewing an officer (not sure if it is the rules or just good form).
I'll go tell the OC, a very experienced and respected SIB LE Officer, that he's wrong - on your say so Biscuits.

Edited to add: while I'm at it I'll go and tell another Officer that she needn't have bothered with the interview she did the other week, we should have got one of the Lance jacks to do it!
 
B

Biscuits_AB

Guest
#13
Squiggles said:
Squiggles said:
You are correct when it comes to Service Police interviewing an officer (not sure if it is the rules or just good form).
I'll go tell the OC, a very experienced and respected SIB LE Officer, that he's wrong - on your say so Biscuits.

Edited to add: while I'm at it I'll go and tell another Officer that she needn't have bothered with the interview she did the other week, we should have got one of the Lance jacks to do it!
You do that deary. But please kindly refrain from turning this into another one of your petty on-line disagreements.
 
B

Biscuits_AB

Guest
#15
Squiggles said:
[align=justify]I'm a TA RMP, currently out in a hot dusty place and not due back until late Autumn.

When I do get back to blighty I'd like to become an ACF instructor.

I used to be a cadet back in the early '90s [/align]
Well, looks like your overwhelming knowledge and experience have won the day for you then.
 
#17
Biscuits if you have problem with me or who and what I am then happy to convese in private and to put to rest any inferiority issues you have be experiencing. Trawling Arrse to quote me without context and the full info is both unneccessary and frankly pathetic.

Biscuits_AB said:
But please kindly refrain from turning this into another one of your petty on-line disagreements.
I'm sure the OP and other posters don't want to see you and I "tit-for-tatting" over yet another thread.
 
#19
Squiggles said:
Squiggles said:
You are correct when it comes to Service Police interviewing an officer (not sure if it is the rules or just good form).
I'll go tell the OC, a very experienced and respected SIB LE Officer, that he's wrong - on your say so Biscuits.

Edited to add: while I'm at it I'll go and tell another Officer that she needn't have bothered with the interview she did the other week, we should have got one of the Lance jacks to do it!
So you are TA and have a 'respected SIB LE Officer' (is there such a thing) as an OC? Either you are totally wrong about his heritage or he is a total walt as there are no LE SIB Officers currently operating as OC of any TA unit, whether they be GPD or SIB.
 
#20
Squiggles said:
wolverine9314 said:
Your OC clearly isn't current.
Like I said, I didn't know if it was the rules or was just good form. Probably just the latter on the OC's part then.
'Good form' - please explain how it is 'good form'? Total madness, are you really RMP TA? I think you are walting it. Take my advice, if you are going to walt, there are better things to walt about than to claim to be RMP TA!!!
 

Latest Threads