RELATED TO but not exactly NIMBY NEIGHBOURS Thread

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by still21inmymind, Jul 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In compliance with PTP's request to ease the load on the original thread.
    David Beckham would not give you the steam off his sh1t, let alone any of the other ball kicking overpaid brass studs who get paid fractionally less but still a lot more than they are worth.
    If it needs doing WE will have to do it.
    Spot the football fan?

2. Love the comment, don't know what the hell to say to that.

3. When did you ever know a British pop star or footballer or such ever put their hands in their overstuffed pockets?

4. Gary Barlow sponsored my sister £20 for the london marathon, i sponsored her £30. And i'm tight.

5. Only for "cool" causes like Band Aid and Make Poverty History. Not that they're not entirely laudable (if futile), just showing concern for injured Service personnell is quite uncool and wont do anything for their careers.

6. I never have, they don't live in the real world. Over paid for doing very little if anything.
    As for Beckham, Gerrard and co, I love football but there is no justification for what they earn.

7. You lot are a bunch of twats, since I came on here for first time a few days I ago I haven't laughed so much in ages.
    My missus is getting pissed off

8. Sorry, tell her it's better than being pissed on, not as good as being pissed up :D

9. Although in fairness to Beckham he has set up a charitable foundation which is doing some very good things in deprived areas of the world, as well as working for UNICEF and other charities.

He raises far more money for these causes than just using it as a tax dodge.

10. When Niall Quinn had his testamonial (Sunderland v Rep of Ireland if my memory is correct), he gave the whole lot away to charities.

About 1 million pounds I think.

There are some good ones out there - just not very many.

11. I stand corrected.

12. Duncan Ferguson ex Everton hard man was a regular financial supporter and visitor at Alder Hey Children's Hospital, he would often drop in after training to spend some time with the kid's.

13. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Disco Pants was the first:
    http://www.niall-quinn.com/news/news10a.shtml

Good on the rest as well.

14. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

The a lot of the England football team have now stated that all their wages earned whilst on England duty is to go to charity. I'm sure if someone whith the right connections could get in touch they would be only to happy to support military charities.