rejoining4 para

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by fatboy1907, Nov 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone tell me that if i rejoin 4 para will i have to do p coy again i was in 10 para in 1990 -1994 and am currentley in another infantry unit but want to be airborne again i`m 36 any one out there in the know
  2. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Not required. If you are currently serving you just need to apply for a transfer, and expect to do an APWT, 10 miler and be assessed on a field weekend within your first few months to ensure that you are still up to scratch.

Other than that, it is just a matter of getting your refresher course done.

3. Are you who I think you are?
  4. I would say yes,I know of a bloke ex regular who was out for a few years who had to do P coy again,he was about your age as well

go for it mate,at least give them a bell
  5. you know who i am how are you buddy
  6. Fine mate, the Dutch fella got his beret. You about this weekend?

Duke, you at the obvious tomorrow?
  7. Hey mate! How's you?
    I instantly knew it was you posting this!
    I got the beret,but you lot have freakin' small heads!
    After modelling it( make it wet and all that) it shrunk about 2 sizes!
    Now when I put it on my head I look like a FFL bloke!
    But it fits my son perfectly,so he can walt around with it lol.
    The promised item is ordered,so when I have it in I will send it to you a.s.a.p.
    Good luck on the 4 Para appliance.
    I heard 3 Para Mortars are recruiting too. You seem just the man for the job! :p
    I recently applied to go regs,but I still haven't heard anything from the MoD feckers!
  8. You must have tumble dried it!! Do you want us to get you another? If Fatboy can't get another I'll go to the surplus store here in the Shot, they should have them (new not second hand!)
    Mind you if you do wear it you can change your username to Frenchie instead of Cloggie!
  9. I did not do anything like tumbledry or lay it on the central heating.
    I just left it to dry naturally.
    Don't bother too much getting me a new one mate.
    It's really appreciated,but don't make it a case of life or death.
    Speaking of; I'd rather die a thousand deaths than being a Frog ! :twisted:
  10. That's what happens when Europe forces us to go metric you see! We fcuk the conversion sizes up!
  11. yeah im about friday sorry about beret size cloggie good luck with going regs but to be fair nobody wears berets that colour anyway hence me trying to change the colour of mine once maroon allways maroon
  12. msr

msr LE

Can you guys rent a room?

13. We almost did once, but it was taken by a few blokes from 3 Para Mortars. :wink:
  14. Jealous fcuker!