Rejoining...?

Hi all, does anyone know what the possibility of rejoining after being discharged over 10years ago during phase 1 training because of a failed drug test would be? Needless to say I have since grown up and have seriously regretted my stupidity when I was younger! Thanks in advance

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
T
Hi all, does anyone know what the possibility of rejoining after being discharged over 10years ago during phase 1 training because of a failed drug test would be? Needless to say I have since grown up and have seriously regretted my stupidity when I was younger! Thanks in advance
To be honest, you'd be far better off popping into your local AF Careers Office and asking.

It may be unnerving, and possibly embarrassing for you, but do it. It's the only way you'll get an answer.

You won't get one here I'm afraid. With all the best will in the world, your problem is not a black and white yes/no that can be answered here.

Good luck, and if you fancy popping back and letting us (the site) know how you got on, that'd be great.

Expect the usual banter and piss-taking from the old 'n' bold when it comes to being a (ex) druggy. However, as @Arte_et_Marte says, the people you need to speak to are your local AFCO. They will give you chapter and verse on whether you can apply. Also, as Arte asks, come back and let us know how you get on with it. At the very least it will prove informative to others who may be in a similar situation as yourself.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
You would be re-enlisting as you haven't completed Phase 1, but it is possible.

FakeSheikh2

Old-Salt
The AFCO are the recruiting gods so they will be best to inform on current situation.

Were you just kicked out as SNLR or served detention at MCTC as attitude's & how the Army looks at failed CDT's has changed as has the law about who can return to military life. Normally 10 years is deemed to have convictions spent in civil law, but military law can be different and it depends on how you left the Army?

That said see what the AFCO say & work from that.

Not a recruiter or anything like that but it should be sound mate throw a application in im 80% sure you will get bk in i know a few people who failed because of drugs and the got a second chance or people who have already got kicked out have rejoined the army knows people make mistakes be honest dont try make any excuses & u will be fine good luck

Not a recruiter or anything like that but it should be sound mate throw a application in im 80% sure you will get bk in i know a few people who failed because of drugs and the got a second chance or people who have already got kicked out have rejoined the army knows people make mistakes be honest dont try make any excuses & u will be fine good luck
. . . .
, , , ,

Here, borrow some of mine