rejoining

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by MattCPO, Mar 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am trying to find out some info on the rejoining bounty i was in the green howards for 7 years and left in dec 2004 can i still rejoin i'm 29 this year and is there a bounty to rejoin?

2. Depending on your rank, off the top of my head it is £8000 (before tax) and you are still eligible i think :)

3. Definately still eligible I would say, Meds, Phys and Criminal Record permitting. As far as I know though the bounty is only an option if returning to your last Regiment, I could be wrong however but Im sure your ACIO will tell you.

4. im re joining myself, im 30 and was a l/cpl when l was in, was told id be getting about £6500 before tax so about £4000 after, you only get £8k if you had done brecon, which l hadnt.

they also say, if you got a trade while u were out and want to use it when u come in, i.e engineers route, you also get a bounty for that, anything from £2k up to £50k.

5. Who exactly does this bounty apply to?

6. depends on what rank you had when u left and to what trade u have and if u intend on using it.

l just completed a NVQ in mechaics, was told if l went engineer route and use my qual l could get a bounty up to £5k. so that ontop of my re joining bounty could be quite nice!