Rejoining with QR Para 9.414 12 month re-apply

PERSEC

Clanker
Long story short-

I started Infantry training at ITC(C) Jan 26, left Feb 28, personal reasons (namely mithering girlfriend, who now has broken up with me (please do take the piss, I deserve it)) I was discharged after seeing the med centre staff as an 'unhappy soldier' and received a 12 month wait to re-apply from the DM(A). I've rang the NRC, they said it should be a simple case of re-applying, but me being a civvie and a lot of them lot being civvies I know how unrealiable we all are! You guys know best! So QR 9.414 12 month wait is it as simple as that? Can I simply re-apply then go from there?

Being a little bit serious now, this is genuinely sending me mad, I'm sat here with 8 months before I get a definite answer, girlfriend dumped me and is now taking me to court for harassment (sent her 100 messages over 3 weeks? nice ones... even the police didn't want to take it to court, that conviction won't matter apparently) anyway, this is the only thing keeping me going now, I only ever wanted the Army, but you guys might have the strength not to listen to a girl... I didn't, will NOT be making that mistake again!

I appreciate any helpful answers and I know how much of an admin **** up I am! so I don't need reminding, if you want to add it at the end, feel free :)

While you're waiting for an up to date response, you could try entering "9.414" in the Search. It returns lots of posts, one might be relevant.

U

UkSam1990

Long story short-

I started Infantry training at ITC(C) Jan 26, left Feb 28, personal reasons (namely mithering girlfriend, who now has broken up with me (please do take the piss, I deserve it)) I was discharged after seeing the med centre staff as an 'unhappy soldier' and received a 12 month wait to re-apply from the DM(A). I've rang the NRC, they said it should be a simple case of re-applying, but me being a civvie and a lot of them lot being civvies I know how unrealiable we all are! You guys know best! So QR 9.414 12 month wait is it as simple as that? Can I simply re-apply then go from there?

Being a little bit serious now, this is genuinely sending me mad, I'm sat here with 8 months before I get a definite answer, girlfriend dumped me and is now taking me to court for harassment (sent her 100 messages over 3 weeks? nice ones... even the police didn't want to take it to court, that conviction won't matter apparently) anyway, this is the only thing keeping me going now, I only ever wanted the Army, but you guys might have the strength not to listen to a girl... I didn't, will NOT be making that mistake again!

I appreciate any helpful answers and I know how much of an admin **** up I am! so I don't need reminding, if you want to add it at the end, feel free :)

Dont worry pal. I know its going to be hard but try not thinking of the past that hasnt been so succesful for you.

Use this time to rebuild your fitness and mental strength. Pick yourself up and apply anyway. If it is a problem then its only 8 months mate just keep going and thinking of where you want to be not what has happened previously :)

Good luck !!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Boof

Old-Salt
If they have said 12 months then it should be simply that. From the sounds of it you will have been discharged on compassionate grounds so other than the wait you should have no issues, unless you have been UFAS or similar?

PERSEC

Clanker
It was Released From Army Service, Admin Discharge as an Unhappy Soldier, that's all I know, I'm literally kicking myself for doing this for a girl, but thanks everyone for your info and input!

verticalgyro

MIA
DirtyBAT
Dude.... you left a career which offered you security, money, mates and pride all for some silly bimbo? I actually feel sorry for you :(

He wasn't the first and he isn't going to be the last.

My younger brother did that too and when he went home he found out she had been suction defuelling Leeds Metropolitan University Asian Brotherhood through their cocks.

The mong.

Boof

Old-Salt
It was Released From Army Service, Admin Discharge as an Unhappy Soldier, that's all I know, I'm literally kicking myself for doing this for a girl, but thanks everyone for your info and input!

I won't go into any details but to ease your mind - I am re-enlisting and have had no issues after being discharged under this for compassionate reasons.

Just use the time to keep your fitness up and also have a good think about what you want to go back in as, you only get 1 job choice next time round.

sup rec

LE
Book Reviewer
You can re-apply after the 12 months, however - if you do go to court and are convicted, then that conviction will matter. If you get community service or the such like, then you cannot enlist until the sentence has been completed.

PERSEC

Clanker
Sorry for the late reply! I was remanded in Manchester Prison, terrible food. Anyway, now I have two unspent convictions, however the Magistrates said 'Jack, you're a decent lad, you seem genuinely sorry and we'll be nice, 140 hours community service, 9 month supervision order and £250 fine' Oh, thanks... So I'll ring the Army tomorrow with an update. This will be spent in two years, so no big dramas, if we work out that this is gone in two years and I can apply in one year then it's a simple matter of waiting :) Thanks for all the help though fellas!

Long story short-

Reading some of your comments here

http://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/rfas-released-from-army-service.210881/#post-5608024

Suggests that you would rather join the bummers in the booties.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer

PERSEC

Clanker
All's I can say, gentleman, is having a woman at your side really does impair your judgement! I'm back to myself now and I wish to fall out with no one! And looking back at those comments of mine, even though it was only 6 months ago, I've grown up massively! So if it offended any of you, genuinely sorry about it!

Latest Threads