Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rejoining/Transferring units

I’m an ex reg looking to join a national unit (different cap badge) in a role I do in civvy street now. When I got out I went for a couple of familiarisation days with a reserve battalion as part of my resettlement.

I never really heard from the unit again and tried chasing things up but it didn’t really go anywhere. A few weeks ago someone from the unit got in touch asking why I’d never tipped up. So I explained what happened and basically I have been on the books there since I got out in 2017.

So I can’t apply the normal way now because I’m technically still in, will it just be a case of me transferring? What kind of time scale would this usually be completed in If so? Also how do you get kit etc or get any admin/ paperwork squared for a national unit?

Thanks in advance for any help/info.

Dr Death

War Hero
Speak to the unit and ask them to put you in for a transfer to the unit you want to go to?
Might be good to speak in person to them.

Latest Threads