• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Rejoining time frame

I've recently spoken to a few people who are either in the TA or have just left for whatever reason. One of the recurrent themes is making the leap to leave.

When I quit, I was told 2 years, you can rejoin, do MATTs no need to repeat phase 1 or 2. I've also heard 4 years, and then 6 year.

What is the authoritative stance on this from the following perspectives;

1) Basic training
2) Qualifications
3) Rank

It'd be nice to know what the by the book non negotiable Army rules answer is, not the we didn't like you you're not coming back or the my mates mates mate is the previous CO's batman (but two) and he'll sort it, obviously.

Standard issues around service arm accepted.

Cheers,
WAID

walkyrie

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
It'd be nice to know what the by the book non negotiable Army rules answer is
Are you sure there is one? We've had a wave of rejoiners come through the door and every single one has been done on a case by case basis, and everyone has had a different outcome.

...not the we didn't like you you're not coming back or the my mates mates mate is the previous CO's batman (but two) and he'll sort it, obviously....
Whilst the Army is still an Old Boy's Club, the amount of times I've seen this (and preusmably you have too) would again make me question if there is even a rule? There's only so many corners that can be cut/favours called in etc.

Standing by to be corrected and/or shot down in a rather ungraceful manner.

There has to be rule, and associated DIN, I hear administrators love that shit.

I'm expecting that there is a course code associated with Phase 1 and Phase 2 training which can't just be updated and would need expire like any other course might.

Latest Threads