Rejoining time frame

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by BoringUsername1, Jun 19, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've recently spoken to a few people who are either in the TA or have just left for whatever reason. One of the recurrent themes is making the leap to leave.

When I quit, I was told 2 years, you can rejoin, do MATTs no need to repeat phase 1 or 2. I've also heard 4 years, and then 6 year.

What is the authoritative stance on this from the following perspectives;

1) Basic training
    2) Qualifications
    3) Rank

It'd be nice to know what the by the book non negotiable Army rules answer is, not the we didn't like you you're not coming back or the my mates mates mate is the previous CO's batman (but two) and he'll sort it, obviously.

Standard issues around service arm accepted.

2. walkyrie

walkyrie Old-Salt Book Reviewer

Are you sure there is one? We've had a wave of rejoiners come through the door and every single one has been done on a case by case basis, and everyone has had a different outcome.

Whilst the Army is still an Old Boy's Club, the amount of times I've seen this (and preusmably you have too) would again make me question if there is even a rule? There's only so many corners that can be cut/favours called in etc.

Standing by to be corrected and/or shot down in a rather ungraceful manner.
  3. There has to be rule, and associated DIN, I hear administrators love that shit.

I'm expecting that there is a course code associated with Phase 1 and Phase 2 training which can't just be updated and would need expire like any other course might.
  4. It's down to Glasgow to decide what is needed to rejoin. They will check your P file and decide from there.
  5. So, nobody actually knows :)