Rejoining the TA

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by chillindan, Oct 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All,

I left the TA in July 2006 for work reasons, but am now working for a more 'understanding' employer and am thinking of rejoining.

I had been in for just under 4 years when I left and was a lance jack. Any idea whether I'd have to do phase 1 training again etc etc..

Cheers!

2. Chances are that you would have to do phase 1 again (having been out for more than three years), but it seems to be a variable depending on who you can impress.

Your best bet is to ring the unit concerned.

3. Hi,

I've just joined the TA after 12 years in the regs. I left 8 years ago in 2001, but I was allowed to join as a trained solider so i didn't have to do basic again.

But as already mentioned you will get better info from your unit.

4. If you need to do phase 1, good news you can but haven't a clue how your gonna get there.

If not - try again in May when the TA reopens .,.... or what's left of it does

5. Thanks for the replies guys. I am gonna get in touch with my unit, its just I am away from home currently and havent yet got the time to go in, so thought I would just ask you guys.

I seem to remember my PSAO saying something about 3 years but thought that was to do with Rank not doing basic training again..

Anyone else anything to add?

6. Erm, how about the TA has been stood down for 6 months ?

7. Yeah thanks for that, I have seen that, but I am not talking about immediately rejoining, and if it means I have to wait 6 months then so be it. Was just looking for some advice on where I stand with regard to having to complete phase 1 again.

8. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

That's bollox I left the regs as a lance jack in oct 99 re-applied for TA in Jan 2002 and due to reasons out of my control never got accpeted until the end of the year had to go back and do phase1 again.

9. Chillindan

The good news is that Phase 1 training will continue and you will even get paid for it. The Regional Training Centres are relatively safe, so get down to the TA centre and start the ball rolling.