Rejoining the Corps

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by night_train, Mar 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hope all's well,

A quick question - is there anyone out there who has recently rejoined the Corps? I left a few months ago and while landing a decent civvy job, can't shake the feeling I have made a mistake leaving.

I'd like to hear from anyone with experience of the process before I talk to the big green machine direct.

With thanks in advance.
  2. Why not go for a compromise solution and try 3 MI. That way you can keep the civvy job going, regain contact with the Corps and think about the direction you want to go in.
  3. The grass is always greener eh?

I've not heard of anyone rejoining recently although NTTT would probably be in a better place to comment.
  4. night

As an extra incentive, if u are out for longer than 6 months the army will give you 6K to come back. Dont speak to anyone official until after 6 months though or you will not be deemed to have been incentivised by the incentive therefore will be denied.

Good luck.
  5. However, don't leave it too long as you may have issues concerning retraining, greater loss of seniority or previously held rank. I suggest you speak informally to either your local careers recruiting office or to our Recruiting WO on 01462 752339 and confirm your options.

Weigh up the reasons why you left, your potential for a career at that time (how hard did the Corps fight to keep you in!), what you want to do once you are back in, against the good and bad points of being a civilian. 3 MI Bn (V) is a good option particularly if you enjoy operations and are able to volunteer. However, you will need to sound out your current employer on their policy towards the TA as this will have an impact on your civilian promotion prospects and your ability to enjoy a TA career if they are not particularly TA friendly (not to say that many companies are not fully aware of the value of TA personnel in their work force).