REJOINING/GRASS GREENER MY ARRSE!!

If anyone can post a bit of helpinghand !! currently a prison officer and realising leaving the army was the worst decion i could of made ... left 2 weeks from finishig phase 2 training in 2013. Been born and raised into the army, most of family served 10+ years. Ifi dont do it now i never will If iwas to rejoin regs ? would i have to redo phase 1 ??. I've applied online but its saying i can only join reserves. Prison service sucks donkey dick and is run by yes men who havent the sligtest clue to run an organisation.. getting fed up and would give my left bollock for a shot again back in the regs... anyone can help were and how i would go about rejoining. I also have a missus who is fully supportive but giving up the cushty comfortable life to get back in is it worth it ??

HHH

GCM
You haven't provided a link to the questions! :smile:

You've posted in the Competition Forum, you might get more responses in the joining up forums.

Prison service sucks donkey dick and is run by yes men who havent the sligtest clue to run an organisation.
Why are you under the impression it is any different in the army?

i was 2 weeks from being an AT and gave it up for the civvi dream !! I'm not sceptical of the bullshit times in the forces either

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
If anyone can post a bit of helpinghand !! currently a prison officer and realising leaving the army was the worst decion i could of made ... left 2 weeks from finishig phase 2 training in 2013. Been born and raised into the army, most of family served 10+ years. Ifi dont do it now i never will If iwas to rejoin regs ? would i have to redo phase 1 ??. I've applied online but its saying i can only join reserves. Prison service sucks donkey dick and is run by yes men who havent the sligtest clue to run an organisation.. getting fed up and would give my left bollock for a shot again back in the regs... anyone can help were and how i would go about rejoining. I also have a missus who is fully supportive but giving up the cushty comfortable life to get back in is it worth it ??
Your IT skills limit you to a career Pte as an infanteer in 2 LANCS now the RPC is no more.

Switchback

War Hero
I'm rejoining after 4 years out. Office life is the worst. Good luck pal
Ahem. Aren't you trying to re-join as an office....r. Clue is in the name . Sooner or later you either get stuck in an office, or go back to being a civvy. Not to say you won't enjoy the YO times, but there is much lots and lots of time in an office if you do a full career.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
The thread title hurts my eyes.

OK, I give up.

What kind of competition is this??

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
You haven't provided a link to the questions! :smile:

You've posted in the Competition Forum, you might get more responses in the joining up forums.
I wondered why I got an alert.

So there isn't a prize, oh well.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
It seems that whoever provides the best advice wins his left bollock.
So he wants advice but he's putting the ball in our court?

OK, I give up.

What kind of competition is this??
Comprehension/translation from what I think is authentic gibberish into standard English.

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
Just out of curiosity, having not even completed Phase 2 - what on earth would anyone in such a stage of their career know about organisation and management?

Best thing to do is get yourself into the Careers Office as the internet cannot make phone calls on your behalf to the right people.

This grass is always greener philosophy - I left after 25 years, still had a year to serve and offered another 6 but decided to change careers; never looked back. Sure if you look hard enough there are good and bad things about every job. I don't miss being sent to the wrong place by APC. I don't miss counting rifle serial numbers on Orderly Officer. I don't miss the 340 mile-round trip to get home at the weekends.

I've gone a bit crazy since I left. Grown my sideys down to the bottom of my ear and everything...

In this new job there are things that could be done better, there are things they do a lot better. Same wherever you go.

So if you CAN re-join, try to enjoy it and remember the bad stuff happens no matter where you are and what job you do - 'tis what you make it after all.

And if you can't - try to see what you can do in the Prison Service to enjoy your life that little bit more; small things can make the world of difference. Bratty Fridays, staff functions, etc. It's a job at the end of the day. Live for the evenings and weekends. At least you get to see your missus every night.

Although that last point might not be a "plus" for some of our more esteemed members...

Latest Threads