Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rejoining as a reserve

Hi lads

I was in phase 1 training at the start of the year but coivd 19 kicked off and we had to leave for home. During that time I realised my family (my parents and brother) were struggling without me being there to help them so I DAOR when I returned to training (yes I know Im a joke for leaving) But now I want to rejoin as a reserve and I was wondering if I need to declare to them that I was in training before or should I just keep quiet as I didn't pass out so didn't actually serve?

Cheers in advance lads

Bob65

War Hero
Why wouldn’t you declare it? There is a section on the application for it, by the way. You would be binned immediately if you were found to have lied.

They will find out one way or another. I doubt it will stop you being eligable, always be honest....
The reserve may be a better fit for you at the moment and there's nothing to stop you progressing to regular in a few years time if life settles at home.

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
Hi lads

I was in phase 1 training at the start of the year but coivd 19 kicked off and we had to leave for home. During that time I realised my family (my parents and brother) were struggling without me being there to help them so I DAOR when I returned to training (yes I know Im a joke for leaving) But now I want to rejoin as a reserve and I was wondering if I need to declare to them that I was in training before or should I just keep quiet as I didn't pass out so didn't actually serve?

Cheers in advance lads

What the others have said, plus: Be prepared to answer the obvious question. You recently leaving the regulars after such a short time will be a question you will be asked. The military looks for commitment, it's important so rehearse your answer, then rehearse it again and believe it. Why were your family struggling without you? What's changed that they don't require your attention now?

Don't answer those questions here, It's not me that will be interested in your answers.

If you are sorted and squared away and ready to give it your best, then good luck.

Hi lads

Cheers in advance lads

You'll be fine pal, if you did your selection within the last 12months it will still stand, I think until you do Alpha. Don't be ashamed, the reserves might suit you better, just go for it.

Also, your service number will remain the same and the recruiters will know all about you once you give them your NI number.

Hexi Bloke

Old-Salt
Hi lads

Cheers in advance lads
The Reserves are, (always will be), undermanned, not to say they will take anyone of course, but if you behaved yourself during your short time with the regular army, then Im sure you'll have little difficulty in re-joining the Reserves. All the best.

What the others have said, plus: Be prepared to answer the obvious question. You recently leaving the regulars after such a short time will be a question you will be asked. The military looks for commitment, it's important so rehearse your answer, then rehearse it again and believe it. Why were your family struggling without you? What's changed that they don't require your attention now?

Don't answer those questions here, It's not me that will be interested in your answers.

If you are sorted and squared away and ready to give it your best, then good luck.
Aye cheers mate ill defo give those questions a good think over

Loads of lads (and some girls) bin recruit training and then join the reserve. Because you didn't pass out you will have to do Alpha and Bravo and then CIC if going infantry. If you don't declare it at Alpha and the staff find out (and they usually do) then it could be seen as a lack of integrity.

Many moons ago, a lad dropped out of my platoon in training. About three months later we bumped into him again at ITC, he had left and joined the TA ( as it was then).

Latest Threads