rejoining...any chance at all right now?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by butters, Jul 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i joined up and went to catterick (infantry rrf) in february 08 and instantly realised i'd made a mistake, originally went into the careers office with the mindset to join either rmp or intel, at the time i was in a lot of bother over a scuffle i'd gotten into which resulted in me being stabbed and the time just wasnt right for me so i DAOR'd but with a pretty good reccomendation from the CO and the general feeling that i'd done for the very brief time that i was there.

just wondering what with the manning levels being what they are and the proposed cuts that the coalition is bringing in, what my chances of getting in either rmp intel or another similiar field would be at the moment?

2. RMP and Intel ..are you mad?

3. seemingly yes! ultimately my career ambitions lie with in civpol, but as you cant get in without being a one legged black lesbian at the moment im hoping to see out the remainder of my 20's doing something constructive

4. Honestly your chances are pretty slim mate im in a similar situation but iv started the process of re-enlisting but even if i do get back in im looking at a 6 to 8 month wait just to get back to selection. I did a look a life course a few weeks back and was told if i get a good report back it would help my chances and i was told by my cpl on the course that i would be getting an excellent report so i was happy with that. Really its a long shot but im just trying to stay possitive hope this helps. Btw whats your fitness like because standards are getting higher.

5. I like the one legged black lesbian comment 

The likelihood is the Civi Police won’t be recruiting for another 4-5 years, and remember when they do start, they already have people who have passed exams and various tests ready to go, who are essentially on waiting lists.

If you want to re-join the Army in the meantime then do it, it’s achievable. However don’t apply with the attitude of ‘this is just temporary’.

You may also benefit from broadening your ideas on regiments and possibly join one that will provide you with a great 5 year military career until you can finally join the Civ Pol.

You don’t want to join the RMP, pretend to be a Police Officer for 5 years and then join the Civ Pol regretting that you didn’t do something exciting in the Army.

My advice, join the Royal Artillery.
    Good luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.