rejoing the army??

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Wilko85, Jun 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I joined the army straight from school in 2001 did phase one went to phase two and got half way through before deciding to leave (worse choice of my life) im now 28 and wanting to rejoin, thinking back to when i got discharged i think i was SNLR will that stop me from rejoining?

2. Disco, please make it stop.

3. Try posting this in the right place.

The answer to your question is probably yes anyways.

4. and your snlr was based on what ?

5. They'll probably take you back, and with your previous experience promote you to at least Corporal due to your previous experience.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SNLR i was under 18 so i had a window if i remember right

7. If you want answers, then you have to give détails.

"I had a window, if I remember right" is no basis to go on.
    and if you "had a window" it probably wasn't SNLR.

8. it was 10 years ago and i have no paper work now

9. So, you can't expect definate answers to your "I think" questions on here.

Get yer arrse down to the AFCO if you want answers.

10. been there but the way they recruit has changed its all gone thorough a civvie company now and it takes forever is there a place where i can ring up give my service number and they can tell me what i was discharged for

11. sup rec

sup rec LE Book Reviewer

Were you SNLR or do you mean you took the DAOR option. The under 18 rule is for DAOR so Discharge As Of Right, in other words you decided to leave and requested it. If you were SNLR then the Army kicked you out.

DAOR you will probably be OK. NLR will depend on what for but the odds are not in your favour.

12. deffo SNLR does anybody know if i can find out for sure ringing some place or something

13. sup rec

sup rec LE Book Reviewer

You should have been given an AFB108 which is your discharge record. APC do not keep copies but if you contact them they should be able to tell you if you would be considered again or not. Even if they say you can be you will need to go through the 203 process which involves getting all your old docs out from archive so can take quite a while.

14. SNLR means Services No Longer Required. What makes you think that Services will be Required, 10 years later?

SNLR, in normal language, means "chucked out" and "chucked out" usually means "had your chance, can't come back in".

15. sup rec

sup rec LE Book Reviewer

And there is the crux 'normally' not always. There have been cases of SNLR being allowed back in. A bit like having spent convictions, you can join once they become spent (depending what they were for) but whilst unspent can be a bar to enlistment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.