Rejection!?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by wounded, Nov 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Have recently applied to get into the army which to be honest i was really looking forward to! Went to careers office for 1 1/2 mile run which i got just over 10 minutes, sent in all medical documents which i was told by the doctor were just fine.
    Then i recently recieved a letter rejecting me from the army based on a history of drug dependency and behavioural problems!!
    For starters both these things on my record are over 6 years old, the drug dependency being about 6 years ago when i failed a medical for the DVLA due to levels of cannabis in my system 'amounting to dependance'.
    This didn't require treatment or anything of the sort and is long in the past.
    Behavioural problems were from when i was about 12!!!
    Am now 25. I was quite astounded at being rejected for things so long in the past as i have no health problems and am more than fit enough for service.
    Have arranged with my doctor for blood tests etc, (which are gonna cost be about £90)
    the letter i recieved says i have the right to appeal which i will as soon as i have medical evidence,
    just wondering if anyone had any advice what else could help my appeal.

2. Short answer is 'Fuck off, druggy head banger'.

3. short and sweet ans do not bother :idea:

4. for behavioural problems I'd need to know what it was, however most of them will be graded S8, which translates to being too unstable to join the the forces.

5. the behaviour problems were general bad behaviour in school, was referred to a psychologist but his report stated that nothing was out of the ordinary,
    as i said i was only about 12 or 13 at the time.

6. Smells like something to me, something that bulls would leave behind.

7. I was naughty at school too. I was never sent to a shrink though.

Are you telling the whole truth? Seems a bit like you aint suitable no matter how much you appeal.

Thought about joining the RAF?

8. I wouldn't be on here asking advice if i was going to lie in response to your posts?

9. You wouldn't be the first to do so, and no doubt won't be the last.

10. You asked the question, you got a reply.

The advice you get from here, with the loose information you've given will get the same sort of replies.

Or do you want this to be like the X Factor where we tell you all nice things and you'll be ok?

11. What do you mean by JSP 346 anyway? maybe i can read through the medical criteria myself

12. If you are clever and grown up as you claim, use the search function.

13. Appeal it. If you're telling the truth then it really seems unfortunate.

Good luck.

14. nice1 thanks 4 the advice, found jsp 346 helpful