Rejection!?

#1
Have recently applied to get into the army which to be honest i was really looking forward to! Went to careers office for 1 1/2 mile run which i got just over 10 minutes, sent in all medical documents which i was told by the doctor were just fine.
Then i recently recieved a letter rejecting me from the army based on a history of drug dependency and behavioural problems!!
For starters both these things on my record are over 6 years old, the drug dependency being about 6 years ago when i failed a medical for the DVLA due to levels of cannabis in my system 'amounting to dependance'.
This didn't require treatment or anything of the sort and is long in the past.
Behavioural problems were from when i was about 12!!!
Am now 25. I was quite astounded at being rejected for things so long in the past as i have no health problems and am more than fit enough for service.
Have arranged with my doctor for blood tests etc, (which are gonna cost be about £90)
the letter i recieved says i have the right to appeal which i will as soon as i have medical evidence,
just wondering if anyone had any advice what else could help my appeal.
 
#2
wounded said:
Have recently applied to get into the army which to be honest i was really looking forward to! Went to careers office for 1 1/2 mile run which i got just over 10 minutes, sent in all medical documents which i was told by the doctor were just fine.
Then i recently recieved a letter rejecting me from the army based on a history of drug dependency and behavioural problems!!
For starters both these things on my record are over 6 years old, the drug dependency being about 6 years ago when i failed a medical for the DVLA due to levels of cannabis in my system 'amounting to dependance'.
This didn't require treatment or anything of the sort and is long in the past.
Behavioural problems were from when i was about 12!!!
Am now 25. I was quite astounded at being rejected for things so long in the past as i have no health problems and am more than fit enough for service.
Have arranged with my doctor for blood tests etc, (which are gonna cost be about £90)
the letter i recieved says i have the right to appeal which i will as soon as i have medical evidence,
just wondering if anyone had any advice what else could help my appeal.
Short answer is 'Fuck off, druggy head banger'.
 
#4
from JSP 346

Conditions that should always be rejected unless an exception is listed

Drug Addiction . 4-year symptom and treatment free period prior to application

for behavioural problems I'd need to know what it was, however most of them will be graded S8, which translates to being too unstable to join the the forces.
 
#5
the behaviour problems were general bad behaviour in school, was referred to a psychologist but his report stated that nothing was out of the ordinary,
as i said i was only about 12 or 13 at the time.
 
#6
wounded said:
the behaviour problems were general bad behaviour in school, was referred to a psychologist but his report stated that nothing was out of the ordinary,
as i said i was only about 12 or 13 at the time.
Smells like something to me, something that bulls would leave behind.
 
#7
wounded said:
the behaviour problems were general bad behaviour in school, was referred to a psychologist but his report stated that nothing was out of the ordinary,
as i said i was only about 12 or 13 at the time.
I was naughty at school too. I was never sent to a shrink though.

Are you telling the whole truth? Seems a bit like you aint suitable no matter how much you appeal.

Thought about joining the RAF?
 
#9
wounded said:
I wouldn't be on here asking advice if i was going to lie in response to your posts?
You wouldn't be the first to do so, and no doubt won't be the last.
 
#10
wounded said:
I wouldn't be on here asking advice if i was going to lie in response to your posts?
You asked the question, you got a reply.

The advice you get from here, with the loose information you've given will get the same sort of replies.

Or do you want this to be like the X Factor where we tell you all nice things and you'll be ok?
 
#12
If you are clever and grown up as you claim, use the search function.
 
#17
I don't want to sound like a git but the Armed forces need people who are reliable and can do the job. You have to take responsibility for your (illegal) actions.

End.
 
#18
Ihavejamonmyjeans said:
I don't want to sound like a git but the Armed forces need people who are reliable and can do the job. You have to take responsibility for your (illegal) actions.

End.
thanks for your input...given that you haven't even joined yet, are you qualified to decide what the army does and doesn't want?

I'll drop in on AG tomorrow when i'm over there and tell him that he can stand down as you're now giving pol advice!
 
#19
Ihavejamonmyjeans said:
I don't want to sound like a git but the Armed forces need people who are reliable and can do the job. You have to take responsibility for your (illegal) actions.

End.
Not for ever you don't CIVVY. If that were the case the Army would consist of a lot of officers and three angels wearing slippers whilst singing in the local choir :roll:

Give the guy a chance to appeal. If he loses then he can go home, roll a fat one and cry into his meths.
 
#20
goon_bde said:
Ihavejamonmyjeans said:
I don't want to sound like a git but the Armed forces need people who are reliable and can do the job. You have to take responsibility for your (illegal) actions.

End.
thanks for your input...given that you haven't even joined yet, are you qualified to decide what the army does and doesn't want?

I'll drop in on AG tomorrow when i'm over there and tell him that he can stand down as you're now giving pol advice!
I've passed selection and have been given a job offer which is evidently somewhat more than what others have achieved. So I guess I may have a few qualities the Army are looking for or maybe you should take it up with the ADSO who passed me. I'm guessing he's suitably more qualified to select soldiers for training than you.

Exit.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads