ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

Rejected on medical grounds (eyes)

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by TomHigginbottom, May 22, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello again guys.

I have recieved a letter from the army, after completing my medical questionarre, saying that I am not eligible for military service because I do not have 'Binocular vision' in my eyes.

First of all, what does this mean? I have looked up on the internet and all it says is someone who can see out of both eyes. Which I can do.

Secondly, I have been previously accepted into the RAF Regiment with regard to my eye sight but failed my selection interview and I currently have an application with the Royal Marines open and have fitted into the bottom band of eligibility where my eye sight is concerned.

Thirdly, it says I have the right to appeal to this decision. How can I appeal and how long will the appeal take? I do understand that I have to appeal on medical grounds, which I do have. And I also believe I have the backing of my optomoetrist as when I was getting my eyes tested for the RAF they told me my eyes were good enough to join the army from what they have seen. Also I am worried this may go on my permanent record and affect me entering any of the other services as it says I am permanently unsuitable for military service

Sorry for the essay but obviously I am concerned about this and it would be great if you could get back to me with your advice.

2. 2 secs while I recover the medical chat sticky, it is here if you want to have a read.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.