Rejected from regulars, can I join the TA?

My situation is that I applied to join The Parachute Regiment early this year, only to be permanantly rejected due to operations I have had on an ear. I was just wondering if there is slacker medical entry requirements for the TA (wanting to join 4PARA)?

All you can do is try some medics seem slacker than others ,but, as the above poster says if its a serious condition no chance .Was it turned down
for paras or turned down for all military service?

You can always try with the Navy or the RAF. Try for the Royal Marines if you are interested in an infantry career. They don't come much better than them.

parabol said:
You can always try with the Navy or the RAF. Try for the Royal Marines if you are interested in an infantry career. They don't come much better than them.
The medical standards are pretty much the same no matter what service/branch you join (there are some exceptions). However, if you have been graded P8 (unifit for service), that will apply across the board.

The TA/Reserves has exactly the same standards as their regular counterparts, so P8 regular = P8 TA/Reserves.

maninblack

LE
Book Reviewer
Whilst there is supposed to be a common set of standards TA and regular recruitment is a medical lottery based on the current fetish of the medical officer. I know one guy who was failed at a medical for the Parachute Regiment on the grounds of a history of ear infections then within 3 months was accepted by the TA SAS who had full knowledge of his previous rejection.