REJECTED ARMY APPLICATION ON MEDICAL GROUNDS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am 17 and really want to join the Army keen to get into the Royal Engineers and work towards a trade. I was diagnosed with ADHD at age 8 /9 and used to take meds and saw a psychologist approx every 6 months to make sure I was doing ok and the meds were helping. I hated taking the meds as my mates noticed the change in my personality when I took them and a teacher told me they were a depressant, they are actually a stimulant. When I was told this I stopped taking my meds at about 15 and because I stopped abruptly I became low in my mood and took an overdose of Paracetamol which I immediately regretted. My only time of self harming ever. I have been off meds now for 2/3years but on paper as I was still seeing docs only 18months evn though I never took what they prescribed.

I received a letter today from Army recruitment to say I am unable to be considered for military service due to my past medical history and one episode which won't be repeated ever of self harm. I am gutted as this is what I really want to do with my life.I intend to appeal and would be really grateful for any advice that anyone can give to help my appeal be successful. I am determind to succeed as it's all I want to do.

Hi yeah I wanted to get into demolition, construction or ammo tech and eventually aim to get into diving as I have my qualification in open water scuba diving and I enjoy this very much. I was told only the Engineers do the diving courses.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Hi yeah I wanted to get into demolition, construction or ammo tech and eventually aim to get into diving as I have my qualification in open water scuba diving and I enjoy this very much. I was told only the Engineers do the diving courses.
Diving I'm sure is a fun hobby, concentrate on training and getting a good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads