Reintroduction of WO2

Rab_C

War Hero
Qualified for the job, you got the rate. Class mate of mine got his Boiler ticket/MEA2 Fleetboard/Unit ticket within 20 months of leaving Caledonia. Joined his next ship as an A/MEA2 and was immediately rated Local Acting MEA1. The job of Chief of the Watch carried the rate of CPO.
Mate your pissing in the wind, no dabber is going to admit that Tiffs were worth it. From what is said an ET can pick their rate up just as quickly but what training and education do they have to fall back on. I always said and stick by the adage that I wasn’t rated or paid for what I did but what I could do when the chips were down.

Mate your pissing in the wind, no dabber is going to admit that Tiffs were worth it. From what is said an ET can pick their rate up just as quickly but what training and education do they have to fall back on. I always said and stick by the adage that I wasn’t rated or paid for what I did but what I could do when the chips were down.
I don't piss in the wind anymore. Up until 2017 I used to work in Devonport Dockyard quite regularly. It was embarrassing to see the lack of knowledge displayed on the rare occasions RN personnel were present.

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
Get WO2 or WO1 and blood chit six years. Not promoted in that time thank you goodbye. Works for Captains and Flag Officers. In fact Flag Officers are job by job. Try that with WO1s.

bob231

War Hero
It's not quite as quick as Tiff but the Fast Track ETs' scheme is mental. Theoretically should be heading off Ship fully passed for Killick's QC 18 months after joining. Often come back as very poor-quality LETs and give notice fast.

The failure of understanding is that synthetic training at SULTAN cannot compensate for time at sea. And FT falls down compared to Tiff because there isn't that expectation that the FT ETs will get stuck into absolutely every job going.

The other problem is that the whole training and assessment system is designed to work in a complex and time-consuming way and how it actually works is quite different.

Latest Threads