• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Reid plans border-control force

Too late !

Every problem in Britain stems from lack of border controls.

Terrorism
TB - we are now the TB capital of Europe, after we were the first to eradicate it :(
Foot and Mouth - illegal diseased imported meat caused this
Gun Crime - open door policy means you can bring in anything
Drugs
Illegal immigrants - and with this the rise of the BNP :(
Alot of benefit fraud ?

Roadless said:
Too late !

Terrorism
TB - we are now the TB capital of Europe, after we were the first to eradicate it :(
Drugs
Alot of benefit fraud ?
I don't think there is one cause. I think there are many. It all points to one thing though. We need ID cards - and fast.

GDav said:
I don't think there is one cause. I think there are many. It all points to one thing though. We need ID cards - and fast.
Don't be silly ID cards are as useful as tits on a boar.
No other country feels the need for them.
Simply and cheaply refuse entry for suspect peoples then we will restrict their freedom rather than ours !

Roadless said:
Too late !

Terrorism
Drugs
Alot of benefit fraud ?
TB - any Eastern European capital has twice the TB rates than UK
Foot and Mouth - Wrong, try underhand farming practises in the UK
as for the rest of it.....Check your facts before spouting crap

As for the border force, why must this government invent new agencies, rather than support, expand and re-vamp the forces in place.

drain_sniffer said:
Roadless said:
Too late !

Terrorism
Drugs
Alot of benefit fraud ?
TB - any Eastern European capital has twice the TB rates than UK
Foot and Mouth - Wrong, try underhand farming practises in the UK
as for the rest of it.....Check your facts before spouting crap

As for the border force, why must this government invent new agencies, rather than support, expand and re-vamp the forces in place.

It aint crap, all of that I mention originates beyond our borders and travels freely across.
If we still had a strongs Customs agency none of those problems would be a problem.

What do you mean underhand farming practices and Foot and Mouth just doesnt appear
it had to be imported.

Roadless said:
GDav said:
Simply and cheaply refuse entry for suspect peoples then we will restrict their freedom rather than ours !
Spain's had ID cards for years. I don't particularly care either way, apart from the proposed cost of them here. They cost something like Euros 6 in Spain whilst we've had amounts ranging from £80 up to £300 mentioned!

Roadless said:
GDav said:
err - "No other country feels the need for them"?

what feckin planet are you living on?

We need foolproof ID cards with fingerprint and iris technology. This way we can introduce street checks. It will also cut down social security fraud by £1,000,000's.

I for one would gladly live in a '1984' world if it got rid of illegals and spongers.

Random_Task said:
Regards a border force, surely it would make more sense to expand the BTP, and let them have the role?
If there are enough of them. there is only 5 down my way to cover over 150 mile rail radius!!

PointSevenSixTwo said:
GDav said:
We need ID cards - and fast.
ID Cards haven't solved any problems in countries that have them so why do you think they'll do any better here ?
Who says they haven't solved problems? Cite sources please.

Regardless - I'm not just talking about a simple Ausweiss here (no other country uses them LOL) I'm talking about a sophisticated system.

I'd gladly pay whatever it costs to get one and I believe that the cost will be offset in the short term by the reduction in dole fraud.

Random_Task said:
Regards a border force, surely it would make more sense to expand the BTP, and let them have the role?
I would agree wirth that. The infrastructure and expertise is already there.

GDav said:

We need foolproof ID cards with fingerprint and iris technology. This way we can introduce street checks. It will also cut down social security fraud by £1,000,000's.

I for one would gladly live in a '1984' world if it got rid of illegals and spongers.

Gee GDav thats crazy talk,

Why would we need fingerprint and Iris technology ?

Why would we need street checks ?

Benefit fraud can be dealt with by taking a much more tougher line not by provided a new ID card

Terrorism will have won if we start curtailling our own freedoms, do you not think.

Besides a wouldnt put too much faith in them, as theres always a way around it.

Random_Task said:
GDav said:
Random_Task said:
I would agree wirth that. The infrastructure and expertise is already there.
I wonder if they'll give them a green uniform, as is the 'mode' with border forces.
The British Transport Border Police, catchy ehh :D

ID cards. Hmmmm. And when Jonny Foreigner doesn't have one, does he get immediately deported,
or do we do as we do now and keep him for a bit, pay for his appeal, subsidise his defence, tell him he has to go home
and then let him back out on the street?

This is yet more Bliarite bollox. Rottweiler Reid has been told to go out and look hard for 10 minutes to pacify the
decent hard-working people of this country so that Labour can carry on ignoring them. Next week there'll be yet another useless initiative that'll be forgotten in short order.

Roadless said:
GDav said:

Gee GDav thats crazy talk,

Why would we need fingerprint and Iris technology ?

Why would we need street checks ?

Benefit fraud can be dealt with by taking a much more tougher line not by provided a new ID card

Terrorism will have won if we start curtailling our own freedoms, do you not think.

Besides a wouldnt put too much faith in them, as theres always a way around it.
I would gladly live with the possibility of a policeman asking me for my ID card if it helped this country get rid of illegals and spongers. Anyway, those of us from Northern Ireland have lived with ID checks all our lives, as have all of us who've been in the forces and it was done in the last war. This is a war against terrorism, leeches and undesirables so where's the difference?

It's all very well spouting about what isn't being done but what are we, as individuals, prepared to do to help. We should be dobbing them in where we find them.

What are YOU prepared to do to rid our country of this blight?

Perevodchik said:
ID cards. Hmmmm. And when Jonny Foreigner doesn't have one, does he get immediately deported,
or do we do as we do now and keep him for a bit, pay for his appeal, subsidise his defence, tell him he has to go home
and then let him back out on the street?

This is yet more Bliarite bollox. Rottweiler Reid has been told to go out and look hard for 10 minutes to pacify the
decent hard-working people of this country so that Labour can carry on ignoring them. Next week there'll be yet another useless initiative that'll be forgotten in short order.
Like the Police Mergers, I see now Forces are sueing the Home Office for compensation because they forked out so much in regard to possible mergers.

Perevodchik said:
Exactly. There are procedures in place for refugee entry and for immigration. This would send a strong message to those who just want to be here because we have an agreeable welfare system. Get them stright back on a boat to their country of origin - no trial - no accomodation. Just the way the US does with its Mexican and Cuban illegals.

Oh and BTW - I'm no Blairite pal. True blue all the way.