Reid: Ive no ambition to be PM

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PartTimePongo, Sep 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/5360184.stm

Right, so he's a definite then.

2. Fair one. Seriously though, he's got to be the No1 contender to Gordon Brown. Without a doubt.

3. Out of all the Labour fcukwits, I think reid is ok.

4. Yep, that's his candidature announced if Yes, Minister is to be believed. If he says that he's reaching an age when he wants to spend more time with his wife, etc, etc, start placing bets on him running against Broon.

5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I think they have been reading the scripts for 'Yes, Minister' leading up to 'Yes, Prime Minister' :(

6. Considering how many portfolios hes had, hes probably the most qualified.

But even im fed up of the number of Jocks in the Cabinet, even though im one myself :p

7. The man was once a Communist, now he's a senior member of a reactionary, right wing government engaged in privatising the NHS by stealth.

So given that, we can relax and assume he's telling the truth...

8. ...and a squadron of flying pigs has just flown over....

Litotes

9. Hmmm. 'A woman will never be Prime Minister in my lifetime. I wouldn't want the job in any case'

10. He's a little shite, he comes out with all the rubbish to try and make himself look as good as possible in the eyes of the public. Remember the "We are facing the biggest threat to our countries security since 9/11" tosh the very day before the threat to the Airlines, you can't tell me that was not a loaded statement.
    Plus the "Afghanistan without a shot", the fact that "smoking is the only pleasure that poor people have" he is a male chicken have no doubt.

11. Well he seems to p!ss Frenchy off, so that's a positive sign for him. :)

12. If you were/are in any doubt....

Quote from here: The Telegraph

How can you support (vote for) someone that converses as if all around are deaf, dumb, blind and ignorant half-wits?

13. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Joining the Labour Party seems to be a popular starting point...

14. They were followed by a squadron of Eurofighters (no, really!! they do exist!!!). In other news today the army has praised the new BOWMAN communications system and the US is to release software codes for the JSF which is now due into service 6 months before the original contract date.

Wasn't Reid an IRA sympathiser? I don't particularly like the man, probably less so than Brown - but do see him running as a contender. Anything to keep fcuking Charles Clarke out of the running (Charles Clarke, running??!!! He daren't show his face in his constituency let alone run for office... fat lazy lying cnut dragging naarwich down with him)