Rehabilitating criminals - here's one success story at least

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by FORMER_FYRDMAN, Aug 11, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

An uplifting tale for a Sunday morning. Not only has this man risen from the ashes, but the Establishment has helpfully rallied round to conclude that there's no way that an Energy Minister had anything to do with fuel policy, therefore he can take the job.

Row as 'disgrace' Chris Huhne lands top energy job - Telegraph

2. Oh for fucks sake

• Like Like x 2
  3. I think its refreshing to see that the penal system works...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Can't wait for the 'Prison Diaries' from another lying Ex MP.

5. Can't imagine it'll be much of a read - and will be in the 3 for a fiver bin in the motorway services before you know it....

6. FORMER_FYRDMAN

I'm surprised the press release didn't say: "Chris will bring a real sense of conviction to the job."

• Like Like x 8
  7. Very good

8. Bloody disgrace, didn't think you could find a poorer example of an MP than John Elferink of the NT, but I think you have nailed it.

9. Back on planet Earth. A highly qualified guy, with a lot of contacts and experience in different fields has managed to land a job. Truly shocking.

He got someone to take points for him... I would have done it when I was on 9 points. It's hardly the crime of the century.

10. I cannot understand why people are surprised. With a conviction for perverting the course of justice he clearly has the experience and ability needed for an executive in a corporate startup seeking "Green" contracts.

• Like Like x 1
  11. And his ex-missus is now writing a book on penal reform, with particular reference to how wrong it is to imprison women. It will be published to great fanfare from the likes of Polly Toynbee, the journalistic scourge of lawbreakers who disagree with her politics.

All the rats which feast upon the body politic will be rallying around for their rehabilitation in public life.

• Like Like x 1
  12. But because he is still tagged, he still has to go home at night to a girlfriend who looks like she escaped from a Wallace and Grommit warehouse!

• Like Like x 2
  13. I don't really understand all the faux outrage. We'd whinge if he was on benefits for being un-employable as an ex-con and as a former Cabinet Minister, I can hardly see him flipping burgers. He has the political connections required for the role and I doubt it's a role that, were it advertised on Arrse, many of us here would be considered suitable for it. As for the 100k, well we'll got 40% of that back in tax and since he still has massive legal fees hanging over him from his trial / conviction, the fact that he is earning such a substantial sum means he would be foolish to even attempt trying to get legal aid to cover his costs. He may well be on 100k but I doubt he'll be seeing much of it for the next few years.

He did the crime, he did the time and, if he can contribute somethnig back to society, clean slate as far as I'm concerned

• Like Like x 1
  14. FORMER_FYRDMAN

Morning Chris.

A 'highly qualified' guy (head of a minor ratings agency and a Guardian journalist does not a biofuels expert make) who would fail a 'fit and proper person' test in the real world and the basis of whose relevant contact list is so clearly at odds with the guidelines that it has called into question the role and make-up of the committee that declared there was no conflict of interest.

P.S. Given that you have set yourself up as the supreme arbiter of what constitutes a crime, in the real world he was done for 'Perverting the Course of Justice', not getting someone to take a few points for him. Even our supine legal system thought that worth a spell in chokey.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Evidently you are more qualified to work out if he can do the job than the people employing him and paying his wage. His CV is a hell of a lot more impressive than anyone who has the time to comment on this forum.

And I don't really give a crap what you call it. He got someone to take some points for him. He went to prison for a short time, lost his job, lost his family from what I read, and now he's managed to get another job. If that upsets you I suggest you take up a new hobby and find something more productive to fill your time with.

• Like Like x 1