Regulations for regulars assisting with Cadets

Discussion in 'ACF' started by Timble, May 25, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gents,

One of my LCpl's wishes to assist with her former cadet unit when they go on Annual Camp. Can any of you give a steer as to where any rules/regulations are held for this? Is she classed as 'on duty' for insurance, etc? Will she require a CRB or Enhanced CRB?

I have browsed the AGAIs, but could not find anything, and the Adjt is gapped at the moment.

Thanks in advance.

T

2. The ACF have the Regs on Westminster. Ask the ACF to produce.

No need for CRB, as long as she is supervised on the camp, it is classed as duty but again the Regs explain. Get the Commandant or CEO to drop your CO a letter.

3. Roger, many thanks for that. Can I just ask you to clarify 'The ACF have the regs on Westminster'. What is Westminster?

4. Westminster is the cadet forces version of JPA.

Sent from my iPhone using The Force

5. Flyingrockdj

Flyingrockdj War Hero Moderator

If its the spaceys they will need a DBS Check

6. If it's any help, we've got a party of cadets coming down tomorrow and I and a few others have been tasked to keep them occupied and busy for the week. No CRB's or anything however as officer cadets I assume ours are as up to date as they need to be. To the OP, providing CoC are aware, I can't see any major problems.

7. The red book provides guidance on regular personnel assisting cadet units. The gist of it is, remember they are cadets, not phase 1 recruits, junior leaders etc, don't treat them as such and regardless of your rank, the CFAVs run the show and have the final say over safety etc.

8. Timble, your Regional Bde G7 should be able to provide you with "GUIDANCE FOR REGULAR AND RESERVE FORCE UNITS WHEN HOSTING CADETS" (Reference: LF/Cadets/2001 dated 12 Nov 12) which has some excellent steers, PM me if you can't find a copy.

It is designed for Regular Units hosting a party of Cadets, but contains some useful information relevant to individual soldiers as well.

Also this from the ACF Manual:

The soldier must be briefed on any restrictions on working with Cadet Forces by the hosting unit, if only for their own sake. The Code of Conduct is on page 44 of JSP 535 Part One, if you search for it on DII.

Usual MS drills apply, make sure they have your address so a nice thank you letter can be generated and placed in the soldiers P File for SJAR time, etc. :)