Regular to Reserve

Ok this is my first point of call, just getting advice off here first.

24 Years Served in May 2019, fancy going Reserve Unit, been told its best to join whilst still in the Regs ? As red tape is a nightmare if I leave then join.

However does this effect pension and lump sums ?

24 Years Served in May 2019, fancy going Reserve Unit, been told its best to join whilst still in the Regs ? As red tape is a nightmare if I leave then join.

I am a STAB only so this is a take it with a pinch of salt type of advice, it should not effect pension or lump sum in anyway, none of the Reg to Reserve that have joined my mob have said it has ( reserve Pay and bounty on the other hand seem to get screwed by glasgow for them on a regular basis the only paying of year 1 bounties being the best example) the rejoining after a break only seems to cause issues when it gets to about a year after leaving as they have to redo a medical and fanny around in the capita system, so doing the transfer is probably the best bet, the best thing to do is get on a Reg to Reseve visit to the Unit of your choice and/or speak to the Units ROSO RESUSO and RAO for the latest info

ugly

LE

I suppose one way to look at it is:
In all of your experience has the army ever ballsed up anything affecting you or anyone you know?
If no then plug away, if yes then just be prepared for a long drawn out fukcing around by people who should and could do better but cant be arsed!

I’m going to reserved from regs myself. I transferred whilst still in, it was a painless exercise with my RCMO filling in one form.
If you get out first, you have to face the administrative horror of Capita, who somehow manage to balls everything up even more than the army.