Regular to reserve bounty

Yes well I’m not doing as little as possible I’m doing as much as possible and helping out a lot of the AR newbies with the experience I have from being a regular.

So that’s why I deserve what I’ve been promised by the Army as I’m a ******* asset to the unit
Good for you.

It seems like it depends on who you are and where your at, I’ve just been paid my KM1 after rejoining from regs in feb last year, I was told on top of that I would get full whack bounty. I was a fuming to say the least when this month I was shy of about 1400. They had put me on the lowest rate of bounty!! When I questioned the civvy clerk about it (the one who said I would get full bounty) he said it’s because I was out of the regs for four years so I go on 1st year bounty. Even though I know people that have rejoined after 5 years and gone straight onto full whack and they are in my reg. Has this happened to anyone else??

Last edited:

conjurer

Clanker
It seems like it depends on who you are and where your at, I’ve just been paid my KM1 after rejoining from regs in feb last year, I was told on top of that I would get full whack bounty. I was a fuming to say the least when this month I was shy of about 1400. They had put me on the lowest rate of bounty!! When I questioned the civvy clerk about it (the one who said I would get full bounty) he said it’s because I was out of the regs for four years so I go on 1st year bounty. Even though I know people that have rejoined after 5 years and gone straight onto full whack and they are in my reg. Has this happened to anyone else??
JSP 754. Chapter 4 Section 5 - Bounties. Specifically 'Previous Service' needs to be consulted. Latest version on the internet is dated 2013.

2013 states - 04.0507. Previous full-time service in any of HM Regular Forces, or service in any of the Reserve Forces in which the full training bounty has been earned by the completion of obligatory training1, may count towards qualifying service for higher rates of bounty, provided such service terminated less than 3 years before joining/re-joining any of the volunteer Reserve Forces. Previous Regular service does not automatically entitle an individual to the Year 5 bounty rate. The following table shows the rate of bounty that is awarded when a reservist qualifies for bounty in their 1st year with any previous qualifying service included:

I’ve seen that jsp I just can’t get my head around the fact that someone I got out with on the same redundancy tranche is on full bounty and they only rejoined one month before me!!

I also was also curious about the reserves. I’ve been out the regs for ten years, having previously served in the infantry and RLC.
My local unit is actually about 15 miles away and is an infantry unit.

I work full time doing shifts, but as I understand it, employers are encouraged to allow staff to join the Reserves by the Government.

Just after a bit of banter really and having an interest. As well as keeping fit (ish) and meeting new people. Not really bothered about the bounty, as I’ve been out over 6 years. But anyone recommend the Reserves?
Just to add I’m 38 and we’ll out the loop with anything military!

foxyox

Swinger
I also was also curious about the reserves. I’ve been out the regs for ten years, having previously served in the infantry and RLC.

I work full time doing shifts, but as I understand it, employers are encouraged to allow staff to join the Reserves by the Government.

Just after a bit of banter really and having an interest. As well as keeping fit (ish) and meeting new people. Not really bothered about the bounty, as I’ve been out over 6 years. But anyone recommend the Reserves?
Start your own thread!

Just kidding erm no seems like bull crap still, banter is ok still, same di*ks about though but you may well be one of them so happy days!

I’d rather visit the zoo on my spare weekends tbh

That sucks mate but comes as no surprise which is why I’m trying to get enough info as possible for when it eventually happens to me! So you’ve not had any KM payments?

As I understand it if you’ve done 6 months and 14 RSD’s and you satisfy everything else then it should be paid?

If you’ve managed to do your minimum commitment in the short time you’ve been there including all your assured stuff and MATTS then you should be getting KM1 and 2 and your bounty. If you’ve only done 14 days then I don’t think you qualify for bounty and therefore KM2 but you will do end of next training year if you get your CofE by doing min days, assured events and MATTS etc
Even tonight I was in speaking to the PSAO and he was like the RAOWO stopped your bounty payment as you don’t get both I showed him the bit from the army jobs website that someone posted above and he couldn’t believe I was right!! I’m now going in to see the RAOWO on Friday morning and telling him the same!! I think I’ll be chucking the towel in before long if this is the nonsense I have to go through just for some money!!

Ask yourself why you left in the first place

You are everything that is wrong about some of the ex regs joining the reserves.
Or vice versa.

..tbh I’ll be outta the reserves as quick as a quick thing as soon as I get messed about
and why the **** not? There's no glory in being consistently fucked about and Foxy neatly encapsulates a dynamic that should probably be fairly high up in CGS's in tray. Namely: pure blood STABs have a ridiculously high tolernance to getting fUcked about for no good reason. This means that staff (and in many cases unit) level CoC have unrealistic expectations of what a reserve soldiers are and when that really competent individual hands their kit in at 4 to 5 years, well... that's natural wastage isn't it? not that you've just lost a potential 15 year soldier / asset unnecessarily early.

Ex-regs have a much lower tolerance to the AR / Army bullshit and are frankly the employment mine canaries smelling the gas.

Last edited:

foxyox

Swinger
After having attended a few weekends and a few drill nights I am starting to enjoy parts of it again, there’s a bit of bs in the air still tbh and I think that’s coming down from the top but troopy and staffys are pretty good and deflect most of it. I think they know they aren’t going to keep the numbers if too much bs filters down so good on them.

If anything I’m more likely to transfer to a national unit after my first year and give that a go until I achieve KM3 (£2k) if I’m still eligible. I’ll either transfer or leave, I really can’t be bothered to do another year I don’t think, I don’t like it enough but like it more than I thought I would.

Latest Threads