Regular to reserve bounty

Apologies if this has been asked before, but when you transfer from reg to reserve, I read that you get a £2000 golden handshake.
Has anyone here received this? How long did it take to receive? Is it an immediate thing, or something you have to wait until the end of the tax year for? (Which means I’d wait a year as I’m a reg until May.)
The officer who is my POC is out of office until mid March, so hoping someone here may be clued up on this?

Cheers

Pretty sure it's not straight away but after you have completed the amount of training set out in the DIN. Off the top of my head, 28 days training within the first 24 months of time in the reserve gets you £2,000.

foxyox

Swinger
Hi mate, I’m about to attest, just inside the 6 year point of leaving and I’ve been told by unit CO and SGT I’m eligible for the rejoiner bonus as shown above BUT I only get the first £2k about 6 months in, then the £3k a year in, but apparently I go in at top bounty which is about £1.8k, bit peed off about the 6 months to get first £2k tbh how can that be when it clearly says from appointment of unit by CO!? Anyways I’m not holding my breath about any of the bonuses tbh I’ll be outta the reserves as quick as a quick thing as soon as I get messed about

foxyox

Swinger
Also the 3k is from a full April-April year apparently so I’m hoping I’ll just about make it, the worst time to “join” back up would be half way through April because then you’d have to do nearly 2 years before you got the £3k, that’s what they told me, as always I take it with a pinch of salt whenever I’m told anything in the army lol

Hi mate, I’m about to attest, just inside the 6 year point of leaving and I’ve been told by unit CO and SGT I’m eligible for the rejoiner bonus as shown above BUT I only get the first £2k about 6 months in, then the £3k a year in, but apparently I go in at top bounty which is about £1.8k, bit peed off about the 6 months to get first £2k tbh how can that be when it clearly says from appointment of unit by CO!? Anyways I’m not holding my breath about any of the bonuses tbh I’ll be outta the reserves as quick as a quick thing as soon as I get messed about
You are everything that is wrong about some of the ex regs joining the reserves.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
The unit will want bang for its buck before handing out a couple of grand. What’s to stop someone getting 2k after week one, then buggering off? It’s kind of surprising how many we see come in once or twice then never again.

foxyox

Swinger
You are everything that is wrong about some of the ex regs joining the reserves.
I’m sorry but it doesn’t make me any less of a soldier, most of us are motivated by money just because some people (perhaps yourself) who aren’t entitled to any incentives are somehow trying to make out it’s a bad thing to hold the Army to what they promise.

If the Army actually did what they said “2k on appointment by CO” it wouldn’t make me want to just take the money and run the Army does it to itself, suckers you in and expects you’ll put up with bullsh*t the rest of your career.

I don’t need to be a part time soldier but doing a year will get me circa 10k all added up, plus my employer will happily give me 2 weeks off too, might get a weeks skiing whilst I’m at, cheers then and good luck you bitter whiny bastard

conjurer

Clanker
To get the the first 2k of the reg2res key milestone (KM) payment you must complete 14 days minimum within 6 months and be trade qualified. If already trade qualified for your ARes PID it's 14 days attendance. If NOT trade qualified for your ARes PID it's a Class 3 course. You can do more days than the 14 but must wait until completion of 6 months in the ARes to be paid KM1 (2k taxable).

KM2 (3k), KM3 (3k) & KM4 (2k) - all taxable are paid at the end of each subsequent training only if a Certificate of Efficiency (CofE) or bounty in old money is paid. If a bounty is not paid in a given year the associated KM is also lost, forever.

It is possible to get paid a bounty before being trade qualified. It is also possible to get a KM1 and KM2 together if the subject joins the ARes around September as the 6 months qualification period would come up in March\April. Of course the subject would need to complete the 27 day requirement, MATTs etc rather than just 14days.

Hope the above makes sense.

Regards

foxyox

Swinger
To get the the first 2k of the reg2res key milestone (KM) payment you must complete 14 days minimum within 6 months and be trade qualified. If already trade qualified for your ARes PID it's 14 days attendance. If NOT trade qualified for your ARes PID it's a Class 3 course. You can do more days than the 14 but must wait until completion of 6 months in the ARes to be paid KM1 (2k taxable).

KM2 (3k), KM3 (3k) & KM4 (2k) - all taxable are paid at the end of each subsequent training only if a Certificate of Efficiency (CofE) or bounty in old money is paid. If a bounty is not paid in a given year the associated KM is also lost, forever.

It is possible to get paid a bounty before being trade qualified. It is also possible to get a KM1 and KM2 together if the subject joins the ARes around September as the 6 months qualification period would come up in March\April. Of course the subject would need to complete the 27 day requirement, MATTs etc rather than just 14days.

Hope the above makes sense.

Regards
Thanks for the detailed explanation!

For myself I have joined this week, so the start of the new Army/Tax/Training year will be in a few weeks, am I right in thinking that I could get KM1 by September 2019 and KM2 by April 2020 along with the tax free bounty IF I do 14 days before 1st 6 months and complete my full training requirements for the April 2019 - April 2020 year. It’s not like I’m going to have to wait until April 2021 for KM2 right

Last edited:

conjurer

Clanker
Sorry for the delayed response.

When you join the AR you will need to complete a registration form to be registered on to the scheme which is agreed by DM(A) thru your AR unit CoC. Once registered, each time you complete the requirement for each each KM payment you need to complete a simple claim form thru the admin office. After registration the 4 KM forms are merely an internal unit confirmation of entitlement which authorises payment thru JPA.

Key is to complete at least 14 days in the first 6 months and be trade qualified (Class 3) for KM1 and then to gain KM2 have completed minimum 27 days over the whole year including course\camp, MATTs, assured events or have timely exemptions so you don't find out at the end of the training year that something is missing with your bounty qualification.

foxyox

Swinger
Sorry for the delayed response.

When you join the AR you will need to complete a registration form to be registered on to the scheme which is agreed by DM(A) thru your AR unit CoC. Once registered, each time you complete the requirement for each each KM payment you need to complete a simple claim form thru the admin office. After registration the 4 KM forms are merely an internal unit confirmation of entitlement which authorises payment thru JPA.

Key is to complete at least 14 days in the first 6 months and be trade qualified (Class 3) for KM1 and then to gain KM2 have completed minimum 27 days over the whole year including course\camp, MATTs, assured events or have timely exemptions so you don't find out at the end of the training year that something is missing with your bounty qualification.
No problem mate thanks for the response, see I’ve been told I don’t have to do 14 days within 6 months but I won’t get to KM1 until 6 months has passed and I have done 14 days. So if it took me 9 months to do 14 days they recon that’s fine... now I’m worried because I’ll struggle to fit 14 RSD’s in within first 6 months I think.

What do you think? Because if I 100% need to get to 14 days within 6 months or KM1 is lost forever then I’ll pull finger out even though I’ve been doing quite a lot already.

I am already traded in my pid at class 3 which was brought over from my regular service.

I'm sure you'll be treated by the AR in the way you deserve.

I remember with some glee the former Regular WO1 ( ex RE, IIRC ) who dropped to WO2 and came across to my unit.

Did as little as possible, which was slightly frustrating as he was in post as a CSM; asked the PSI about his ?£2k bonus and was told by George, "Sorry, mate, you've not done enough, you don't qualify." He left shortly after.

How we laughed.

Sorry to jump on this thread, this is more of a whinge than helpful information.
I transferred from reg to AR Oct 18, I have dug out blind to get my 14 days in for KM1 -I am already trade trained- and to get all my matts done and subsequent days in for bounty qualification. In late March I was getting the run around from the unit telling me I hadn’t done enough days -I had- and low and behold at the end of April there was hee haw in my bank account. No KMS payment or bounty. Now I’m being told I don’t get the bounty as I get KMS instead the people that should know this information are badly informing the people entitled to it. The clerk in the unit was working off a document dated from 2008 up until I informed him of the recent document he should be working off. This area really needs to be addressed so everyone is delivered the same and accurate information. If my payments are not in the bank at the end of this month then I will be putting in a formal complaint.
I even overheard a civilian unit member saying “It’s not like people actually rely on the money”. On 1st May the PASO took the day off (coincidence I think not) and the civilian mentioned above took their office phone off the hook so they didn’t have to face the music when many of the unit weren’t paid. If that is the stinking attitude of the support staff then what hope do we have?!

foxyox

Swinger
Sorry to jump on this thread, this is more of a whinge than helpful information.
I transferred from reg to AR Oct 18, I have dug out blind to get my 14 days in for KM1 -I am already trade trained- and to get all my matts done and subsequent days in for bounty qualification. In late March I was getting the run around from the unit telling me I hadn’t done enough days -I had- and low and behold at the end of April there was hee haw in my bank account. No KMS payment or bounty. Now I’m being told I don’t get the bounty as I get KMS instead the people that should know this information are badly informing the people entitled to it. The clerk in the unit was working off a document dated from 2008 up until I informed him of the recent document he should be working off. This area really needs to be addressed so everyone is delivered the same and accurate information. If my payments are not in the bank at the end of this month then I will be putting in a formal complaint.
I even overheard a civilian unit member saying “It’s not like people actually rely on the money”. On 1st May the PASO took the day off (coincidence I think not) and the civilian mentioned above took their office phone off the hook so they didn’t have to face the music when many of the unit weren’t paid. If that is the stinking attitude of the support staff then what hope do we have?!
That sucks mate but comes as no surprise which is why I’m trying to get enough info as possible for when it eventually happens to me! So you’ve not had any KM payments?

As I understand it if you’ve done 6 months and 14 RSD’s and you satisfy everything else then it should be paid?

If you’ve managed to do your minimum commitment in the short time you’ve been there including all your assured stuff and MATTS then you should be getting KM1 and 2 and your bounty. If you’ve only done 14 days then I don’t think you qualify for bounty and therefore KM2 but you will do end of next training year if you get your CofE by doing min days, assured events and MATTS etc

foxyox

Swinger
I remember with some glee the former Regular WO1 ( ex RE, IIRC ) who dropped to WO2 and came across to my unit.

Did as little as possible, which was slightly frustrating as he was in post as a CSM; asked the PSI about his ?£2k bonus and was told by George, "Sorry, mate, you've not done enough, you don't qualify." He left shortly after.

How we laughed.
Yes well I’m not doing as little as possible I’m doing as much as possible and helping out a lot of the AR newbies with the experience I have from being a regular.

So that’s why I deserve what I’ve been promised by the Army as I’m a ******* asset to the unit

Latest Threads