Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Regular recruit selection - sticky for all recruit application and assessment enquiries 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Lung capacity test is conducted in the spirometry section. You blow 3 times as powerful and as prolonged as you can through a tube which is measured via the software they use and is compared to what an average human of your gender/age/weight should be blowing.

You wait around for 5-10 minutes then get put onto a bike, your nose gets pegged and you have a diving respirator on. You cycle for a few minutes at an easy resistance while maintaining 60-65 rpm. Then the diving gas is switched on and the resistance is increased. (Bear in mind this is designed to wear you out, and is not a measure of how strong your quads are so you can ask them to turn down the resistance if necessary.)
You cycle for 10minutes at a constant rate.

Immediately after you blow into the tube again another 3 times, wait 10 minutes and blow another 3 times.

The blows on ALL attempts have to be within a 10% threshold of your original blows.

If you don't pass this, you will be deferred not barred - timings can vary depending on results.

2. Interview. You could be waiting a while for this as there are a lot of candidates to go through... We watched Saving Private Ryan in the time it took for our turn.

Anyway, the interview is simple.

They will go over your fitness test results, aptitude test results and the technical selection test results and will advise on what roles are applicable.

They ask you straight forward questions. Make sure you know the following:
  • A reason why you want to join the army;
  • What regiment you want to join/hope of joining;
  • Your chosen regiment's current deployments;
  • Knowledge of your phase 1 and phase 2 training;
  • Values and standards of the army (C-DRILS etc)
If you passed, you will receive a certificate and a goody bag.

3. I don't have an awful lot of knowledge regarding this as I have only just been to my selection weekend end of Feb and my training dates are in November for phase 1. Hopefully someone else can help.
At the end of the interview do you get a list of roles you can join as? Or Is it simple pass or fail for what you want to join as

At the end of the interview do you get a list of roles you can join as? Or Is it simple pass or fail for what you want to join as

You find out your results for your ACT, TST (if you attempted it) and feedback from the command task.
He/she gives you an overall grade.
Others received a list of the roles that they were applicable for, so yes.
If you ace everything then you just get told you can do whatever you like, so they don't bother with the list.
They will write you a reference based on your assessment centre performance which will go on your file and will make the training team aware of your performance to date.

You find out your results for your ACT, TST (if you attempted it) and feedback from the command task.
He/she gives you an overall grade.
Others received a list of the roles that they were applicable for, so yes.
If you ace everything then you just get told you can do whatever you like, so they don't bother with the list.
They will write you a reference based on your assessment centre performance which will go on your file and will make the training team aware of your performance to date.
Do you have to choose the job role there and then or can you talk to your recruiter about then choose?

Do you have to choose the job role there and then or can you talk to your recruiter about then choose?

You put down your preferences on the day you arrive at the AC on a form, these carry forward to the interview and they essentially assume that's what you want to do and will therefore ask what you know about your chosen job role/corps etc etc in the interview.

BUT you can change, I did and said that the AC changed my mind blah blah, as long as you know what happens in phase 1 and general phase 2 for the corps you want to join, you're good.

At the interview they look at next intake dates for the job role you want to do, then its up to your CSM to request that training date, you get a conditional offer from your CSM which you will accept. You do get a choice of dates from your CSM.

Side note to answer your Q better.... you can change job role at any time, even after the AC. Your CSM will sort it all out for you, as long as you have the required pass marks for your new chosen role, you're fine.

Please when am I expect to have my ACT practice in my portal and the train ticket. Is it a week before assessment

Please when am I expect to have my ACT practice in my portal and the train ticket. Is it a week before assessment

Your practice ACT is sent to you when your Army Brief is booked. It then expires when you have attended your Army Brief.

Your train ticket email is sent about 1 week before you attend Assessment.

I’m also going for household cavalry but my maths is poor what will happen if I couldn’t make the maths but pass everything ?

Thanks for quick reply. I appreciate .
Please my assessment is 5 September but I have not receive any update not even about my briefing

Status
Not open for further replies.