Regular recruit selection - sticky for all recruit application and assessment enquiries 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

joebort

Swinger
Obviously the more prepared you are the better mate.. look at the standards you need to get for your job choice and test that you can achieve it comfortably.
As long as you know you can complete the tests before you even get to assessment you won’t have anything to worry about :)
Thank you mate,Would like to know the roles open to commonwealth countries and if commonwealth assessments are done separated.

Thanks.

Hi everyone. I've got my army briefing on the 23rd May. Could anyone tell me what i should expect, how i could prepare, what i should wear etc.
As well as this i have another question. In my portal I was sent a message about the army cognitive test (screener). Is this the real thing or like a practice for it. I thought it was something that would have been done at the briefing.
Thanks!

Hi everyone. I've got my army briefing on the 23rd May. Could anyone tell me what i should expect, how i could prepare, what i should wear etc.
As well as this i have another question. In my portal I was sent a message about the army cognitive test (screener). Is this the real thing or like a practice for it. I thought it was something that would have been done at the briefing.
Thanks!
You'll get there, they'll confirm your identity and you'll all be taken into a room with a TV, you'll be shown a bunch of videos talking about different types of job roles. You'll then be talked through the CDRILS and what to expect at ADSC. After this you'll be brought into an office individually and "interviewed" (more of a Q&A style session) they'll tall to you about your intentions of joining, hobbies, qualifications and what you currently do for work etc etc. Honestly I wouldn't worry at all its really straight forward. The ACT link you've been sent I believe is a practice as the actual one you will do at ADSC

oppoStu

War Hero
Thanks!
What @PotentialSig said.

And just wear something smart casual. Suit trousers/Chinos and a shirt will suffice.

joebort

Swinger
Hello there,

Anyone from commonwealth country ready for assessment this May or have already done assessment in year 2019.I have my assessment coming up in May 2019 and would like to know a few things about assessment regarding COMMONWEALTH COUNTRIES.like ,What roles are available for commonwealth candidates,etc.

Thanks.

Hi everyone,

I've just booked my assessment centre date (24th July Lichfield) so far so good with the applications (except the medical history, my doctors seem to be dragging their feet with that one) skipping ahead a bit but, once we've passed the assessment and been accepted, how long does it usually take to start phase one training? (i'm hoping to join R.E.M.E as an Electronics Tech) Or what are usually the intake dates? Ive done a search but cant seem to find anything, any help would be appreciated,

therowley

Swinger
Hi everyone,

I've just booked my assessment centre date (24th July Lichfield) so far so good with the applications (except the medical history, my doctors seem to be dragging their feet with that one) skipping ahead a bit but, once we've passed the assessment and been accepted, how long does it usually take to start phase one training? (i'm hoping to join R.E.M.E as an Electronics Tech) Or what are usually the intake dates? Ive done a search but cant seem to find anything, any help would be appreciated,

Priority role so I’d assume they’d be doing pretty regular intakes for Electronics Tech :) don’t take my word for it tho, have a look on the Pirbright forum on here and see if anyone else has posted their date :)

Whitey24

Swinger
Hello chaps. I’ve just recently passed Selection with an A grade at ATC Pirbright so if anybody has any questions, feel free to ask.

Hello chaps. I’ve just recently passed Selection with an A grade at ATC Pirbright so if anybody has any questions, feel free to ask.
Hi mate. It would be great if you could tell us some highlights of your experience at Pirbright and lastly in what reg you're eager to join. Cheers!

What would you like to know pal? I’m joining PWRR.
How many candidates were they? Was the mid-thigh pull exercise hard? What are your thoughts around the psychometric test?
How did you find the route for the 2K run to be? I'll just stick with these questions, for now...lol.
Thanks! Good luck with your basic training and hopefully you'll get the date sooner rather than later for the intake.

Whitey24

Swinger
How many candidates were they? Was the mid-thigh pull exercise hard? What are your thoughts around the psychometric test?
How did you find the route for the 2K run to be? I'll just stick with these questions, for now...lol.
Thanks! Good luck with your basic training and hopefully you'll get the date sooner rather than later for the intake.
There was around 40 of us but we finished with 35.

The mid-thigh pull is a piece of piss lad, you stand on a scale and the Staff will count you down from 3, on 1 you pull with an overhand grip as hard as you can on a fixed pole (no weight) and hold for 5 seconds. It measures how much you can lift and your result comes up on a screen, I got 157kg.

You will only do the ACT (Army Cognitive Test) if you’re not going for a technical role, otherwise you will have to do the TST (Technical Selection Test) as well which is a 55 question Numeracy Test. The ACT you would’ve done already during the application process, you just have to do it again so they can see what jobs you’re eligible for.

The 2km route is a decent route tbf, mainly flat with one slight incline. They’ve just shaved 400m off which is nothing really. I got a time of 09:19.

Cheers pal. I’m hoping for a start date of May 19th, if not it’ll be June 16th. It’s bank holiday weekend so won’t find out till after Monday.

If you have any more questions mate, ask away.

Last edited:
There was around 40 of us but we finished with 35.

The mid-thigh pull is a piece of piss lad, you stand on a scale and the Staff will count you down from 3, on 1 you pull with an overhand grip as hard as you can on a fixed pole (no weight) and hold for 5 seconds. It measures how much you can lift and your result comes up on a screen, I got 157kg.

You will only do the ACT (Army Cognitive Test) if you’re not going for a technical role, otherwise you will have to do the TST (Technical Selection Test) as well which is a 55 question Numeracy Test. The ACT you would’ve done already during the application process, you just have to do it again so they can see what jobs you’re eligible for.

The 2km route is a decent route tbf, mainly flat with one slight incline. They’ve just shaved 400km off which is nothing really. I got a time of 09:19.

Cheers pal. I’m hoping for a start date of May 19th, if not it’ll be June 16th. It’s bank holiday weekend so won’t find out till after Monday.

If you have any more questions mate, ask away.
Thank you for your swift and extensive reply :D. Impressive with the mid-thigh exercise. Strong lad. I'm going to do the ACT for sure. Don't feel too bad if you're intake it's gonna be in June, you would have plenty of time to get even fitter. Enjoy the process and stay focused, until "the fat lady sing first" right?
One last question would be, what was the best time for the 2K run from your group?
Cheers for that!!

Whitey24

Swinger
Thank you for your swift and extensive reply :D. Impressive with the mid-thigh exercise. Strong lad. I'm going to do the ACT for sure. Don't feel too bad if you're intake it's gonna be in June, you would have plenty of time to get even fitter. Enjoy the process and stay focused, until "the fat lady sing first" right?
One last question would be, what was the best time for the 2K run from your group?
Cheers for that!!
No worries dude, glad I could help. Just give 110% in everything you do, don’t put your hands in your pockets, LISTEN to instructions and it’ll be a breeze.

It’s worth nothing that 75% of your overall grade is down to the team tasks so be a team player, don’t be afraid to speak up with ideas and get stuck in.

Ha, cheers. Yeah that’s true mate.

Best time in our group was 7mins something, quick little fcuker!

No worries dude, glad I could help. Just give 110% in everything you do, don’t put your hands in your pockets, LISTEN to instructions and it’ll be a breeze.

It’s worth nothing that 75% of your overall grade is down to the team tasks so be a team player, don’t be afraid to speak up with ideas and get stuck in.

Ha, cheers. Yeah that’s true mate.

Best time in our group was 7mins something, quick little fcuker!
Just finished my assessment today mate and I "smashed it", I'm looking forward to schedule a PRAC, one more "test" before the basic if ev goes well, therefore I will need to get even more fitter....and some more. The team tasks made my day though, after we finished our last day we were laughing our heads off when we've compared the 2K run with the sprints from the team tasks area to the goal post and back which the corporal made us do 3 times in the row almost killed us, but tbf he was actually doing us a favor by keeping us "switch on".

SlyGully

Swinger
Hi Guys just a quick question if anyone knows the answer. I have just accepted my Conditional offer of employment to start on the 28th July. Does anyone know how long the final employment checks take to go through as need to start thinking about handing notice in to my current employer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads