Regular recruit selection - sticky for all recruit application and assessment enquiries 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

ldrese

Swinger
Hi, got a call today to schedule my F2F interview day. I was told that tomorrow I'll be getting a clinical triage call that'll last around 30 minutes. Just wanting a little more information on what will be discussed in the call other than past medical conditions and dates of appointments. Also will it be a big problem if I cannot remember/have the dates for a lot of my appointments as most will have been quite a while ago?

oppoStu

War Hero
Hi, got a call today to schedule my F2F interview day. I was told that tomorrow I'll be getting a clinical triage call that'll last around 30 minutes. Just wanting a little more information on what will be discussed in the call other than past medical conditions and dates of appointments. Also will it be a big problem if I cannot remember/have the dates for a lot of my appointments as most will have been quite a while ago?
They literally read off a list of "yes/no" questions like "have you ever had this..." … "when was the last time you had this..."

If you can't remember dates it doesn't matter, its just so they have a general idea of what to expect for when you go into selection and do a proper medical there

ldrese

Swinger
They literally read off a list of "yes/no" questions like "have you ever had this..." … "when was the last time you had this..."

If you can't remember dates it doesn't matter, its just so they have a general idea of what to expect for when you go into selection and do a proper medical there

Great thanks

ldrese

Swinger
As for proof of address, would a bank statement of the last 3 months, posted to me by my bank, be good enough?

Hi everyone, I've just joined - I'm researching for a TV drama and wonder if anyone could help me. We have a character who receives a letter inviting him to go to the assessment. Does anyone have their letter and could tell me what it looks like? - Is there a Army logo / header at the top? And what is written in the letter? Any advice would be really appreciated. Obviously please don't include your name or personal info! Thanks

Samana123

Swinger
Anyone at Pirbright next Tuesday for selection 2nd/3rd April?
Hope it went well for you mate... How did you find the new fitness tests? That mid thigh pull sounds.... peculiar.

Also, I spoke to my CSM today about changing job choices. She said you can change them as much as you like but after selection you will receive a list of the jobs you're suitable for and you pick from there? Seems like it'll look a bit strange if I've had a certain job type as my preference and then I pick something different... Thoughts? Can anyone confirm you get sent this list?

Samana123

Swinger
I received a list with all my available job choices on, but I was in a weird position where I didn't know what was available to me until the final interview due to colourblindness, and none of the other army/recruitment staff could help up until that point.

I'd hazard a guess and say everyone receives it as it has some other information on like how regular intakes are for those people who's job decision might change depending on how long they'd have to wait.
And you received this list after assessment centre?

Oh that's awful kind of the army to include such info! They seem like such a nice bunch

Thanks for your help mate!

For clarification, candidates will no longer be asked to select a job choice pre assesment. They will be offered a list of jobs/trades they are eligible for after they have completed their assesment.

This will not stop candidates making a choice prior or being offered the role and if they meet the criteria they will be offered that role. But it should also help alleviate disappointment by someone choosing a role, becoming fixed on it, only to find out they don’t meet the criteria at assesment.

Wonder if you could advise as i am getting mixed messages from recruitment team. after chasing my drs constnatly for 3 weeks they sent the medical forms by recorded delivery back to army on Monday. I messaged my recruitment contact to let her know but i got her out of office so forwarded to my other contact at Capita. They have come back separately one saying it will take about a week from receipt to process and i will hear within a week. MY normal contact who is back from holiday today said it will take 4-6 weeks to process. Anyone know which is more realistic as frustrating stuck at this stage as i would like my assessment date but now likely to be post my GCSE's? Thanks

Whitey24

Swinger
Wonder if you could advise as i am getting mixed messages from recruitment team. after chasing my drs constnatly for 3 weeks they sent the medical forms by recorded delivery back to army on Monday. I messaged my recruitment contact to let her know but i got her out of office so forwarded to my other contact at Capita. They have come back separately one saying it will take about a week from receipt to process and i will hear within a week. MY normal contact who is back from holiday today said it will take 4-6 weeks to process. Anyone know which is more realistic as frustrating stuck at this stage as i would like my assessment date but now likely to be post my GCSE's? Thanks
Once my medical documents arrived with the MO at the NRC I got the all-clear within 2 weeks and received my ADSC date a couple days later.

Upon receipt of your med docs it can take up to 6 weeks. I was fortunate enough to not have to wait that long on that regard but then again, I applied back in January.

It’s just a waiting game mate, not a lot else you can do really.

Might not be the case for everyone, but I never received any letters, it's all done via a phonecall and then a confirmation yes/no on the website for your attendance.
Hi Pittie, thanks alot for your reply, this is really helpful. We might imply our character has printed the online correspondence - were you sent online correspondence or other info when you had accepted the invitation to attend the assessment? Thanks

I was told yesterday army received my medical forms last week and that it would take a couple of weeks to process. Today I’ve been invited to a pre assessment centre day at the careers office where they will go through the fitness tests, go through some of then equipment the army use, discussion about the regiment I want to join. Does that mean my medical info is all good or could they do this then still say an issue with medical. I’m hoping this means all initially ok.

joebort

Swinger
Anyone tried the new British Army fittness? Im due for my Army Selection on 16th May and wanted to know if any preparing for Assessment Centre too.

therowley

Swinger
Anyone tried the new British Army fittness? Im due for my Army Selection on 16th May and wanted to know if any preparing for Assessment Centre too.
Obviously the more prepared you are the better mate.. look at the standards you need to get for your job choice and test that you can achieve it comfortably.
As long as you know you can complete the tests before you even get to assessment you won’t have anything to worry about :)

therowley

Swinger
I was told yesterday army received my medical forms last week and that it would take a couple of weeks to process. Today I’ve been invited to a pre assessment centre day at the careers office where they will go through the fitness tests, go through some of then equipment the army use, discussion about the regiment I want to join. Does that mean my medical info is all good or could they do this then still say an issue with medical. I’m hoping this means all initially ok.
From my experience I believe they check your med records before hand to check for any obvious restrictments.
However, it doesn’t mean you’ve passed your medical.. once at assessment centre you’ll enjoy sitting in the med centre for a fair few hours while they check your vision, hearing, BMI, heart and an interview with a doctor. You’ll have to pass these to be regarded fit for training :)

HFH

Crow
Hi everyone,
I'm new on this forum so I'm afraid I'm not sure of how exactly it works. Anyway I am a british national who's lived in France for about 12 years now. I'm in the process of finishing up my degree at the moment, but after that I'm considering joining the british army. I have done extensive research but I have a couple of questions if anyone could help me out I'd be much obliged :

- Can I join even though I've lived in France for so long? And will I be able to join even if I get dual nationality ? (bloody Brexit)

- I'm thinking of joining the RMP (yeah I know...) but I have heard that they are diverting people away as they are restructuring and don't need more bodies. I wanted to know if anyone knew whether that was true?

Thanks everyone and sorry for my blabbering
Hope you have a nice afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads