Regular recruit selection - sticky for all recruit application and assessment enquiries 2019

Anyone’s who’s recently been to assessment tell me if apart from the 1.5 mile, the bag lifts and jerry can walk.. Is there any other fitness / PT sessions at assessment?
No - only other physical activities are the team tasks (not very physically demanding) and the grenade throw (why they still have this is beyond me!)

No - only other physical activities are the team tasks (not very physically demanding) and the grenade throw (why they still have this is beyond me!)
Awesome; figured there would still be press ups and sit ups etc..

Yeah the Grenade through seems little out of place now to be fair

In Northern Ireland there are no careers centres just on the street. You have to go inside the barracks which I am pretty sure you need clearance or something. In a few months there is a careers day at my school which the army has a stand for. I will just wait and talk to them.
Nah you don't need clearance. I just gave them a ring beforehand and popped in a couple of hours later.

I have my briefing on March 6th at local centre. I think the assessment will be in Pirbright as closest to me. Do you think i will have to wait long for assessment and providing i pass ok will i still get into Harrogate in September in that timescale? Im 16 years old in March. Thanks

Also will they arrange the assessment day for school days as i have my GCSE's in May/June or will they likely do it after them or in Easter or other school holidays for juniors?

I have my briefing on March 6th at local centre. I think the assessment will be in Pirbright as closest to me. Do you think i will have to wait long for assessment and providing i pass ok will i still get into Harrogate in September in that timescale? Im 16 years old in March. Thanks
Hi buddy, once you have your briefing you have to wait for the initial medical forms to be returned by your doctors, this can be a timely wait. Once that’s complete it was roughly 4 weeks until my assessment date came (6th March)

Hi buddy, once you have your briefing you have to wait for the initial medical forms to be returned by your doctors, this can be a timely wait. Once that’s complete it was roughly 4 weeks until my assessment date came (6th March)
Thanks for that. Will they give me the forms to hand to the doctor or will they auto send off for them from the consent forms I / my mum completed online ?

It works just as well...SOIs are for ACCs to post them. I think Fast Track candidates are supposed to hand deliver them though
I’m not sure what made me so special mind, literally went for my F2F and they asked me to take them down so we could get me booked to assessment. First time I’ve ever applied

Latest Threads