Regular recruit selection - sticky for all recruit application and assessment enquiries 2019

My GP is waiting for a payment from the army before they will release my med records but I believe they only have 21 days to do so??? Once they receive my history anyone know how long roughly until I get an assessment centre date? I know everyone's application length is different!

M3nsa

Crow
Is anyone here who passed RGMD and waiting to be given an assessment date?
I'm a commonwealth applicant who was given an assessment date after RGMD but was refused a visa so I informed my CSM who cancelled my assessment and told me they'll give me a new date.

I'm currently waiting for an assessment date so that I can reapply for the visa.

gbunny

Crow
I'm a commonwealth applicant who was given an assessment date after RGMD but was refused a visa so I informed my CSM who cancelled my assessment and told me they'll give me a new date.

I'm currently waiting for an assessment date so that I can reapply for the visa.
That's unfortunate for the refusal but i Hope it all goes smoothly. I'm a commonwealth applicant myself. I'm eager to get that assessment date. Did your recruiter or CSM give any hints on when you'll likely to get a another date?

Hi guys. Just passed my medical assessment and I’ve been booked in for my PRAK. Can somebody give me a break down of what to expect please??

amnesia

Old-Salt
Hi guys. Just passed my medical assessment and I’ve been booked in for my PRAK. Can somebody give me a break down of what to expect please??
PRAC

Block jobs

Briefings on:
Regimental history
Fitness
Staying injury free
etc etc

4 mile familiarisation run (8m30s/mile)
2km run best effort
Steeplechase
Gym work - push ups & sit ups

Block jobs again

You will get sent Joining Instructions which will have a full agenda on them. They will almost certainly be out of date though, so take them with a pinch of salt.

PRAC

Block jobs

Briefings on:
Regimental history
Fitness
Staying injury free
etc etc

4 mile familiarisation run (8m30s/mile)
2km run best effort
Steeplechase
Gym work - push ups & sit ups

Block jobs again

You will get sent Joining Instructions which will have a full agenda on them. They will almost certainly be out of date though, so take them with a pinch of salt.
Nice one! Thanks for the advice mate. Paras wasn’t my first option so I’m not overly clued up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parnelly

Swinger
Anyone at Pirbright.
The kit list says maximum of 1200w iron, but can’t find any iron with that low power.
What (watt) iron have you taken
From what I’ve read on various websites most people ignore this as the only ones you can get that are 1200 are dry irons which aren’t really any good as you’d have to constantly spray water on the bottom. I got a 2400 watt steam iron but made sure it was relatively heavy pre-filling as it helps to get rid of creases you don’t want but makes good crisp creases when you want them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will12

Crow
You arrive the night before your 9am event start. You get your bedding, have a brief, get some forms to fill out for the next day. This is the point where you may (or may not) do your icebreaker, it depends on which selection staff you get. Some do it, some don't bother.

Your first full day starts at about 6am, you'll have another brief, hand your filled in forms in, have some breakfast and head to the medical which takes pretty much all day depending on your surname. You'll get pulled from this in groups to do other bits and bobs like any tests (ACT/TST/Maths/English if you don't have your quals). You'll also likely do your non-running physical tests here (we did the bag lift and jerry can, I believe it's changed now).

Your second full day you'll do your 3 group tasks, your grenade throw, your run and the 'interview' (it's not really an interview, it's just a pretty informal chat about how well you did at each task, etc. At the end of this you'll get a long list of jobs you qualify for depending on your test results as well as colourblindness) You'll finish your interview between about 12 and 3, get your goody bag and packed lunch and then off to the train for about 4ish.
Cheers for this mate, not bricking it quite as much now

Will12

Crow
Hi please can u help us out with some information concerning your training in Ac lichfield as I will be having my assessment there in December.. How did the first day go for you and did u arrive before the actual Date in your candidate portal?? And please what's d 2k run like???
December 12th ?

Latest Threads