Regular recruit selection - sticky for all recruit application and assessment enquiries 2019

Cfc1603

Swinger
Pay attention to instructions well, be friendly with everyone - I struggled with this to begin with because I was one of the oldest girls there, I'm 23 and most the of them were 16/17/18 and from England, where as I am Scottish so they struggled to understand me, but none the less I put myself out there and spoke to whoever I ended up sitting beside, especially put yourself out there when doing the team tasks.

Prepare for the fitness side of things as much as possible (mainly the run!) I got 9min 48 secs but a lot of girls got deferred at the end of the assessment to come back and redo the run because they didn't complete it in time. The ball throw and mid thigh pull up are fairly easy as long as your fit.

Make up is allowed I wore make up everyday but just a bit powder, Vaseline and mascara!

If you have anymore questions feel free to message me directly!
Do you get told your time straight after the run or do you have to wait till the final interview?

Haz3us

Crow
I've only completed Assessment centre. I'm still awaiting a decision on my deferral, I'm lead to believe it will be lifted shortly and I can finally start basic training. I've just got a couple questions

Is it easier to switch roles within the same corps/regiment? (sorry, my military terminology is sh**) For example, would it be easier to switch between roles within the Royal Engineers than it would to switch from Royal Engineers to Royal Signals?

The reason I'm asking is I lack the required grade in maths to do the jobs which I really want to do. So I'm wondering if the army allows recruits to gain GCSEs whilst training and then allow me switch to the role I want to do? Or is it possible at all to switch roles without actually having the required grade later?

If all else fails, I'll have to resit my maths. Although I've just inquired and been informed I've missed enrolment for this academic year and will have to wait until Sep 2020.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

You can gain a good education in the Army and will be required to reach certain levels before being considered for promotion. Transferring trade, whether within your chosen Regt or Corps to another Regt or Corps is a simple process, but may take time. You may also be restricted from doing so if the trade you are in is undermanned and the trade you are going to is not.

What trades are you looking at?

So I submitted my application back in August for review. My last task was to submit my passport scans on the portal. Waited approximately 6 weeks for a response before I was told by the Legion here in my country (they're helping all applicants which is very much appreciated) to call the recruitment office.

I called and spoke with a lady who was speaking so fast I could barely get a word in. I was told that all Commonwealth applications have been put on hold until Jan/Feb 2020. I'm a bit gutted tbh and I do hope that they still will recruit from the Commonwealth by then as I'm eager to serve.

Created this account just to let any others know. Good Luck to all those who've already made it to basic.
Hello,

I am also a commonwealth applicant waiting for recruitment to commence in Jan/Feb 2020. Lets keep in touch

Shakebody

Swinger
Hello Shakebody, I need some information on how you went about your application. I am also a commonwealth application and need some details
Hey Brindle how u doing?... Yea please go ahead with your question what exactly are you finding difficult... You can send me a private message

cqz476

Crow
Having completely and passed my assessment yesterday, if anyone has some questions I'll be happy to answer
How did you prepare for the mid thigh pull ? - I've been using the app and exercises given from careers office but I'm keen to do anything else to improve without needing to pay for a gym membership

Kaytemonn

Swinger
How did you prepare for the mid thigh pull ? - I've been using the app and exercises given from careers office but I'm keen to do anything else to improve without needing to pay for a gym membership
That apps pretty poo.
For the thigh pull I practiced dead lifts with resistance bands strapping it down so its pulling down as I'm pulling up if you get me. Also just work on other general leg exercises...squats, lunges, leg press etc

Cfc1603

Swinger
I didnt do anything specifically for it tbh, I'm not that strong at all tbh but pulled enough for 99% of roles so I wouldnt say it is something to worry about alot, I would just say general exercises, push ups, squats, lunges, core work etc would be enough to pass it

Anyone at Pirbright.
The kit list says maximum of 1200w iron, but can’t find any iron with that low power.
What (watt) iron have you taken

Latest Threads