Regular recruit selection - sticky for all recruit application and assessment enquiries 2019

amnesia

Old-Salt
How do I practice the cognitive test do you know any site or application that can help me ?
Type "Mindmill Test" into Google - there is a practice booklet there.

That is all that is available other than the practice test that was sent to you before before your initial brief.

The Army website doesnt really help.

Marvin 123

Swinger
Were you able to use your phone during assessment. Not during training but when you return to your rooms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kaytemonn

Swinger
Thought I'd share my experience of the assessment centre I just got back from.

First off dont worry too much about what to wear travelling. Half of us wore office gear and the other half wore jeans/tracksuits and the staff didn't bat an eyelid at what we wore.
No girls got in trouble for wearing shorts to bed (me included) as someone else said..but then again this could be down to individual staff so it's up to you what you want to do there.
Dont worry about your sports clothing having logos as the email you recieve says you cant..and you can wear tracksuit bottoms to run in and long sleeves if you wish.
You're left to your own devices after dinner and briefings, there's a TV room and you're allowed to go out for a fag if you smoke.
When you empty your trays after eating, MAKE SURE you put your cup on one tray thats lined up (you'll know what I mean), your knives and forks SEPARATE on another tray and your plate on another...if you dont the lady will shout at you.
The mid thigh pull isn't that bad and the ball throw is straight forward. One girl didn't pull enough but the staff let her do it again so they're really helpful in that respect.
When doing the team tasks just make sure you speak even if its just to say 'well done guys...make sure you have hold of that plank properly!' The worst thing you can do is stand there quietly, so if you cant think of any good ideas then make up for it by making little comments like that. It doesn't matter if you dont complete the task it's just so they can see you communicate as a team.
Just remember the staff are there to help you, they were a lot more friendly than I thought they'd be and I actually really enjoyed the weekend and had a proper laugh with them!

If anyone else wants to know more just ask!

Cfc1603

Swinger
When it says take clothes that are suitable for office environment is that just for the interview on the last day or do you wear the on the first full day there?

Kaytemonn

Swinger
When it says take clothes that are suitable for office environment is that just for the interview on the last day or do you wear the on the first full day there?
We only wore interview clothes for the final interview, the rest of the time was spent in tracksuits/shorts and tshirt.
Some people wore suits to travel there in but you don't have to and they honestly don't mark you on it.
You'll also have the opportunity to change into casual clothing after the interview to travel home in

cqz476

Crow
Thought I'd share my experience of the assessment centre I just got back from.

First off dont worry too much about what to wear travelling. Half of us wore office gear and the other half wore jeans/tracksuits and the staff didn't bat an eyelid at what we wore.
No girls got in trouble for wearing shorts to bed (me included) as someone else said..but then again this could be down to individual staff so it's up to you what you want to do there.
Dont worry about your sports clothing having logos as the email you recieve says you cant..and you can wear tracksuit bottoms to run in and long sleeves if you wish.
You're left to your own devices after dinner and briefings, there's a TV room and you're allowed to go out for a fag if you smoke.
When you empty your trays after eating, MAKE SURE you put your cup on one tray thats lined up (you'll know what I mean), your knives and forks SEPARATE on another tray and your plate on another...if you dont the lady will shout at you.
The mid thigh pull isn't that bad and the ball throw is straight forward. One girl didn't pull enough but the staff let her do it again so they're really helpful in that respect.
When doing the team tasks just make sure you speak even if its just to say 'well done guys...make sure you have hold of that plank properly!' The worst thing you can do is stand there quietly, so if you cant think of any good ideas then make up for it by making little comments like that. It doesn't matter if you dont complete the task it's just so they can see you communicate as a team.
Just remember the staff are there to help you, they were a lot more friendly than I thought they'd be and I actually really enjoyed the weekend and had a proper laugh with them!

If anyone else wants to know more just ask!
Did you have to do any icebreaker stuff ?

AJS1996

Swinger
This is useful to know, thanks. Do you have any other tips for selection ? Also were people wearing minimal make up for the interview or is it strictly not allowed ? Thanks
Pay attention to instructions well, be friendly with everyone - I struggled with this to begin with because I was one of the oldest girls there, I'm 23 and most the of them were 16/17/18 and from England, where as I am Scottish so they struggled to understand me, but none the less I put myself out there and spoke to whoever I ended up sitting beside, especially put yourself out there when doing the team tasks.

Prepare for the fitness side of things as much as possible (mainly the run!) I got 9min 48 secs but a lot of girls got deferred at the end of the assessment to come back and redo the run because they didn't complete it in time. The ball throw and mid thigh pull up are fairly easy as long as your fit.

Make up is allowed I wore make up everyday but just a bit powder, Vaseline and mascara!

If you have anymore questions feel free to message me directly!

Kaytemonn

Swinger
Nope they've dropped that now. Some people have said they've done an exercise where you have to find someone who's joining a certain role or find out 3 facts about someone and tell them to the staff.
But they've dropped the actual icebreaker and don't mark you on whatever they've replaced it with but I didn't do anything

AJS1996

Swinger
I had my assessment just two weeks ago and we had an icebreaker, we had to stand up one by one on the bus and say our name, age, where we are from and what we are looking to do in the army.

magsy26

Swinger
Pay attention to instructions well, be friendly with everyone - I struggled with this to begin with because I was one of the oldest girls there, I'm 23 and most the of them were 16/17/18 and from England, where as I am Scottish so they struggled to understand me, but none the less I put myself out there and spoke to whoever I ended up sitting beside, especially put yourself out there when doing the team tasks.

Prepare for the fitness side of things as much as possible (mainly the run!) I got 9min 48 secs but a lot of girls got deferred at the end of the assessment to come back and redo the run because they didn't complete it in time. The ball throw and mid thigh pull up are fairly easy as long as your fit.

Make up is allowed I wore make up everyday but just a bit powder, Vaseline and mascara!

If you have anymore questions feel free to message me directly!
That's a solid time, congrats!

Latest Threads