Regular recruit selection - sticky for all recruit application and assessment enquiries 2019

LCwits

Swinger
Alright folks, most likely answered many times but cant find it. Whats the timeline from the Briefing meeting to Assessment to Training? Applying for Paras - assume there will not be a hold up?
It will be different depending on your circumstances, be prepared to wait a while, however you may be in quick also. It's never certain. They usually say be prepared for up to 9 months. Mine personally will be just over a year from the application being sent to starting basic.

Shakebody

Swinger
I'm not completely surprised at this, on my selection at the very end all the common wealth applicants were given a new job list which literally featured about 3 jobs on it. A lot of them were gutted because most had different job choices, felt quite bad for them.
Please can u help out wit d jobs list that was given to them? Atleast it will give us an idea about what exactly we will be going into as Commonwealth applicants.. I'll really appreciate it..

LCwits

Swinger
Please can u help out wit d jobs list that was given to them? Atleast it will give us an idea about what exactly we will be going into as Commonwealth applicants.. I'll really appreciate it..
It could always change but unfortunately I don't fully remember what the list consisted of except for infantry.

AJS1996

Swinger
does anyone have any advice on the female interview attire? I don't find shirts very comfortable to wear. I am willing to wear one just if they think dress/ blouse etc is smart enough.

Last edited:

LCwits

Swinger
does anyone have any advice on the female interview attire? I don't find shirts very comfortable to wear. I am willing to wear one just if they think dress/ blouse etc is smart enough.

As long as its smart and formal, it shouldn't be a problem I would say.

LCwits

Swinger
Would you say a blazer or smart jacket is essential ?
As Jonno said the smarter looking the better impression (duh). But I wouldn't say its ESSENTIAL. I mean we had a lad in our selection who was just wearing street clothes, but I'd highly suggest against something like that.

ryan_c

Swinger
Hi everyone. Can someone please tell me how we should be dressed the evening we arrive at the assessment centre? The joining instructions says to be dressed smart casual, eg trousers, shirt and shoes. But it doesn’t make sense to dress smart if we’ll only be taken to the centre at 19h00. Thank you in advance.

The_Duke

LE
Hi everyone. Can someone please tell me how we should be dressed the evening we arrive at the assessment centre? The joining instructions says to be dressed smart casual, eg trousers, shirt and shoes. But it doesn’t make sense to dress smart if we’ll only be taken to the centre at 19h00. Thank you in advance.
It tells you what to do. Whether you think it makes sense or not is neither here nor there.

Jonno1928

Swinger
Majority of people come dressed in suits or smart dress. It gives a very good first impression and you have to see the whole few days as one big interview

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

heinz59

Clanker
My f2f I have trousers a blouse and a blazer, but if you’re wearing a blazer I think you could get away with a dressy up top

ryan_c

Swinger
It tells you what to do. Whether you think it makes sense or not is neither here nor there.
Just wanted to make sure I don’t look like an idiot by being the only one dressed formally when we arrive. Thank you.

Last edited:

LCwits

Swinger
Just wanted to make sure I don’t look like an idiot by being the only one dressed formally when we arrive. Thank you.
Out of the about 40 people in my intake pretty much everyone either came dressed in a shirt tie and trousers or at least a decent smart shirt and trousers. Only about 3 came dressed in street clothes or joggers. I'd advise to follow the instructions.

Latest Threads