Regular recruit selection - sticky for all recruit application and assessment enquiries 2019

Shakebody

Swinger
Coming for assessment in December
You don't have to buy anything at selection, unless you want some shite from the tuck shop that the staff run that they may (or may not) let you use on your first night.

The 52 quid the guy is talking about is an optional box of kit you can buy while at Phase 1 which includes random items like trouser ties, etc., that you can buy while there rather travelling with it. Again, this is for your actual training. You don't need to buy anything at selection.
Thanks I really appreciate ur help fr the information.. Thanks alot mate....

TAZ2

Swinger
You don't have to buy anything at selection, unless you want some shite from the tuck shop that the staff run that they may (or may not) let you use on your first night.

The 52 quid the guy is talking about is an optional box of kit you can buy while at Phase 1 which includes random items like trouser ties, etc., that you can buy while there rather travelling with it. Again, this is for your actual training. You don't need to buy anything at selection.

Cheers pittie...

I have been proactive and downloaded a Kit list, got myself all my bits even down to a waterproof notebook so yeah, I'm sorted!

I was thinking he was in about his Adsc

Cheers for clarifying man! :)

I'm not a tuckshop kinda guy man

Taz

Pittie

Swinger
I'm not a tuckshop kinda guy man
By the time day 3 came around I had a craving for some wotsits.

Looking at the kit list, you'd have thought some of this stuff would have just been issued, like the helmet karabiner or the tent pegs. Does anyone know if the kit lot that's available to purchase is only available via pre-order or if it will also be available on the day?

Last edited:

Shakebody

Swinger
I just wore shorts all the time between stuff. Remember when you get there you’ll be pretty much be doing ice breaker then bed, the next day you’re just busy all day and the 2nd day you’ll be swapping into your interview clothes straight after your run. You won’t have much time to do much else.

I went in a shirt and trousers with a suit bag with the jacket in, swapped into nightwear pretty much straight away then wore shorts for 2 days and back into the suit at the end.
Please I'll like to know what happens immediately after u arrive at your assessment center, do you have your medicals immediately befr the icebreaker..

Pittie

Swinger
Please I'll like to know what happens immediately after u arrive at your assessment center, do you have your medicals immediately befr the icebreaker..
You arrive the night before your 9am event start. You get your bedding, have a brief, get some forms to fill out for the next day. This is the point where you may (or may not) do your icebreaker, it depends on which selection staff you get. Some do it, some don't bother.

Your first full day starts at about 6am, you'll have another brief, hand your filled in forms in, have some breakfast and head to the medical which takes pretty much all day depending on your surname. You'll get pulled from this in groups to do other bits and bobs like any tests (ACT/TST/Maths/English if you don't have your quals). You'll also likely do your non-running physical tests here (we did the bag lift and jerry can, I believe it's changed now).

Your second full day you'll do your 3 group tasks, your grenade throw, your run and the 'interview' (it's not really an interview, it's just a pretty informal chat about how well you did at each task, etc. At the end of this you'll get a long list of jobs you qualify for depending on your test results as well as colourblindness) You'll finish your interview between about 12 and 3, get your goody bag and packed lunch and then off to the train for about 4ish.

Shakebody

Swinger
You arrive the night before your 9am event start. You get your bedding, have a brief, get some forms to fill out for the next day. This is the point where you may (or may not) do your icebreaker, it depends on which selection staff you get. Some do it, some don't bother.

Your first full day starts at about 6am, you'll have another brief, hand your filled in forms in, have some breakfast and head to the medical which takes pretty much all day depending on your surname. You'll get pulled from this in groups to do other bits and bobs like any tests (ACT/TST/Maths/English if you don't have your quals). You'll also likely do your non-running physical tests here (we did the bag lift and jerry can, I believe it's changed now).

Your second full day you'll do your 3 group tasks, your grenade throw, your run and the 'interview' (it's not really an interview, it's just a pretty informal chat about how well you did at each task, etc. At the end of this you'll get a long list of jobs you qualify for depending on your test results as well as colourblindness) You'll finish your interview between about 12 and 3, get your goody bag and packed lunch and then off to the train for about 4ish.
Thank you so much for the reply... Just to get something clear here please I have my assessment on the 10th and 11th of December, and on the 10th happens to be on Tuesday please how do I go about it? Am I suppose to report to the assessment center on Monday befr Tuesday which is the actual day given to me.

Shakebody

Swinger
Is anyone going to the Feb 12th assessment centre at AC Lichfield?
Hi please can u help us out with some information concerning your training in Ac lichfield as I will be having my assessment there in December.. How did the first day go for you and did u arrive before the actual Date in your candidate portal?? And please what's d 2k run like???

TAZ2

Swinger
Hi please can u help us out with some information concerning your training in Ac lichfield as I will be having my assessment there in December.. How did the first day go for you and did u arrive before the actual Date in your candidate portal?? And please what's d 2k run like???

Mate... 2k run will be on flat ground so it's not like it's uphill....

You seem to be asking alot about this so you seem worried to me....

Yes, you arrive the night before, but you don't get any food that night so go for some eats before you turn up :) you'll get your travel warrants through so it won't be an issue. And closer to the time you will know what time to arrive, I've been told to be at Edinburgh waverly for 7pm the night before my start date in my portal.

Go to YouTube, and watch all of the videos concerning ADSC, or even ring your recruiter and they will be more than happy to help!!!, I watched loads about it and it really helped me.

What's your current 2k time?

TAZ

Shakebody

Swinger
Thanks alot mate I appreciate ur help... I'll just ring the office and ask... My current 2k run is 8 minutes.. Still working on it though .. 7minutes is the target for me..

TAZ2

Swinger
Thanks alot mate I appreciate ur help... I'll just ring the office and ask... My current 2k run is 8 minutes.. Still working on it though .. 7minutes is the target for me..
No worries man!!! I'll help where I can and obviously everyone. On here seems to be a good bunch!

And yeah man!! That's good! I'm doing 7.38 at the moment so not to badly haha! :)

I wish you all the best with it man and make. Sure you let me know if you passed or not!!!

Taz.

Shakebody

Swinger
No worries man!!! I'll help where I can and obviously everyone. On here seems to be a good bunch!

And yeah man!! That's good! I'm doing 7.38 at the moment so not to badly haha! :)

I wish you all the best with it man and make. Sure you let me know if you passed or not!!!

Taz.
Thanks mate I appreciate... I'll sure keep u updated with it.. And well done with the 7.38 time..

Pittie

Swinger
Thank you so much for the reply... Just to get something clear here please I have my assessment on the 10th and 11th of December, and on the 10th happens to be on Tuesday please how do I go about it? Am I suppose to report to the assessment center on Monday befr Tuesday which is the actual day given to me.
Just wait until you get your train tickets a couple of weeks before and you'll know exactly which train(s) you need to get and at what time. Just make sure you get on the right train(s) and you'll arrive at the right time. I'm certain that if your selection event on your portal says the event starts at 9am on the 10th of Dec, you'll actually be arriving on the evening before, ready to actually 'start' on the 10th.

I agree it's a bit confusing when all of the literature says it's a 2 day event, with the confusing start dates and what not, but really that first unofficial day with the 7pm pick up from the train station is literally just getting your bedding, a briefing and filling in a form. I imagine it's really just so people out in the sticks have a few more hours to arrive. If they had to get there for 9am on the actual starting day, no one outside of a hundred miles or so would be able to make it.

Last edited:

TAZ2

Swinger
Thanks mate I appreciate... I'll sure keep u updated with it.. And well done with the 7.38 time..

Cheers Shakebody!! Make sure ya stay in touch!! Where in the commonwealth ya from? Obviously if you don't mind me asking

Taz

Latest Threads